Question :

Soreness in the Iliac Crest

Should I see a doctor again?? The last 5 weeks I've been experiencing pain in my right hip everytime I stand up. The iliac crest, is what they said. I had an xray done last week but nothing to be found, the last 5 days I've been experiencing soreness in the soft tissue around that area as well, towards the stomach more. My chiropractor is convinced it is merely muscle tension and tells me to do deep knee bends to build the muscle, but how do I do that if my side is going to burst? My doctor didn't offer any explanation other than ordering an xray. Should I go back to see a doctor again??

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
According with the description that you made of your iliac crest pain and how it developed, most likely you may have a Neuropathy, which produces a pain occurring from a peripheral nerve inflammation not associated with the spinal cord called Neuritis that causes pain in the upper anterior part of the hip and can radiate to the skin of the stomach, resulting from inflammation of a sensory nerve that goes near the Iliac crest and the superficial part of the hip. This type of pain tends to involve just a limited area only.The suggested strategy would be: conservative therapy, such as physical therapy, weight reduction to reduce abdominal girth, moist heat application, Complex B vitamin, analgesics, and anti-inflammatory drugs as Ibuprofen and avoid wearing constrictive garments, belts, or braces that impart excessive focal pressure at the lateral aspect of the affected hip. If does not get better with these measures it is strongly recommend to be evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon and maybe consider the local corticosteroid injection which may provide more chronic relief of symptoms. You have to be patient because the improvement in these cases does not occur overnight.

Questions related to Chronic Pelvic Pain

BAD PAIN DOCTORS DONT KNOW WHY

im having bad abdominal pain on the right side and it goes into my sides. iv had cat scans, ultra sounds blood work, ...

Bad lower abdomen pain and burning vagina pain

I have been getting lower abdomen pain and a burning pain in my vagina and i have bad back apin im n my period but i...

Chronic Non-bacterial Prostatitis

I have been told i have Chronic Non-bacterial Prostatitis. But the only symptoms i have is a constant pain in my per...

Should I go to the ER with lower left sided abd...

I have lower left mid abdominal pain that has been going on a week and half. I was told by my doc office to take Mi...

Could I take Gabapentin If I have kidney disease?

My obgyn prescribed gabapentin for me. I have IGA nepropathy, is it safe for my kidneys to take the medecine?

Gallbladder Symptoms?

I am 22 years old. I have had my appendix removed. For about 2 weeks now I have been experiencing sharp, shooting pa...

Questionable Abdominal Pain Has Multiple Causes

We were desperately trying to find out the cause of these symptoms, if you could help us please! Symptoms are lower...

Post Your Thoughts