Question :

Swallowing a Soda can tab

I swallowed a soda can tab. What should I do ? I feel fine it's been two hours now. Do you think it will pass ok. Should I wait to see if I have any pains.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I would not rush to see a doctor. small objects such as soda can tabs pass without incidence.  You should only be concerned if you start to develop symptoms of fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, or red or dark .
Any of the above symptoms could indicate damage to your intestinal tract and would require prompt assessment in the emergency room.

Questions related to Constipation

Constipation for 4 days

I'm 15 and this is the 4th day I've been constipated, should I be worried?

GI and menstruation problems

So I've been experiencing some problems that no one seems to know the answer to for quite some time. For one, i stopp...

lower left abdominal pain, constipation, bloati...

I am 16. I have an abnormal period, I can get it maybe once every 3-6 months or two/three times a year. I been having...

Help with recurrent constipation

In October of 2013, I went to the ER for abdomen pain. They determined I was severely constipated. Since then, things...

Uncontrollable Urine and Bowl Movements

Hi, I'm going on a roadtrip where I will be driving for 24 hours straight and I have a problem that I've had for abou...

Enema with only liquid as evacuation

Hi there, I had to take an enema for a flex sig tomorrow. I don't think I used enough solution. I waited but when I...

abdominal pain

I have had alot if abdominal pain, i first threw up blood then constipation now my upper left quadrant is swollan as ...

OTC medicine for constipation

I have tried every otc meds for constipation any suggestion?

Contributing Factors to Constipation

Are there any foods that would add to a contripation problem?

my stool is hard and it was hard to go

So i was in the bathroom the other day and i went to the bathroom and my stool is hard and it was hard to go, but yes...

My newborn is constipated and i have tried corn...

My 3 week old hasn't pooped in a week ! What can I do to help him?? I've tried karo syrup and water, apple juice and ...

Regular bowel movements

Hello doctor... I am almost an 18 year old. I used to have regular bowel movements in the morning till two years be...

How can I overcome constipation and no menstrua...

I am 15 years old and I haven't had menstruation for 3 months, and still counting. I'm having a hard time sleeping an...

Pain on right side

Constipated and I have pain on my right side near belly button. What could it be?

do i need further treatment for my stool back up?

I've been having stomach problems since September 2013, rapid weight gain despite healthy changes in diet, cramping i...

Lower abdominal Pain and Blood in Stools

I have sharpe pains when I move certain ways or strain when having a bowell movment, i have noticed a litle blood in...

My baby girl Has stopped Pooing

My baby girl is 5 days old and has not pooed for nearly 48 hours i need advice on what to do please help as she is i...

Blood at anus when I wipe after passing stool

For the last few days when I have gone to the bathroom and poo I have noticed that there is blood when I wipe

Stick maroon stool after taking antibiotics

I'm so embarrassed but I'm freaking out... On Thursday I took a zpac for my strep and it made me really sick. I was ...

Management for rectal bleeding and hemorrhoids

Hi! I have had rectal bleeding when having a bowel movement for over 2 months now. I dont have health ins so I haven...

Severe Constipation with no underlying problems

Several months ago my son, who is 20 years old has had severe constipation problems to the point where he feels as i...

Medical Treatment of Constipation?

I am an 18 year old male. I never have problems with constipation. According to my mother, this is only the second t...

Treatment of chronic anal fissure not benefitin...

I'm being treated from anal fussier for couple months (I first had it 3 years ago), and I'm taking laxatives (daily ...

Mild pain in my lower right abdomen.

Hi, I have a slight pain in my lower right abdomen. It isn't a strong pain and if I apply pressure to it , it doesn'...

Constipation problem - What is the best treatment?

I didnt know which catagory this comes under but i really need to poo but when i go to the toilet its too big and ha...

Slow transit gut, treatment options

I suffer from a slow transit gut caused by an operation to remove some ovarian cysts. I am not taking any laxitives....

Bleeding when passing stools

Whenever I poop I bleed out of my anus. Not alot of blood but its pretty painful. It doesnt matter the size of the b...

Chronic Constipation After Six years Methadone ...

I was on 90mg of methadone a day for 6 years through a local methadone maintenance clinic for opioid addiction. I a...

Can I use an enema to treat chronic constipation?

Today is the 5th day I have not had a bowel movement. I took a stool softener on two days but nothing happened (I al...

Chronic Anal fissure - What management should I...

Hi, I have been suffering from an anal fissure for 6 years, the birth of my first child seemed to cause this! I hav...

Can I take two medications at one time?

I just took stool softens ,can I also take milk of magnesia?

Constipation problems after sacral injury

I suffered sacrum injury on 5th june 2011. Ever since i have constpation problem. Now, I have to manually extricate....

Constipation for 5 days

Hi ive not been the toilet for five days now and im really concerned im eating my normal diet which consists of lots...

Constipated with blood in stools

I have been eating the same as usual but lately my poo's have been absoloutly massive and it hurts trying to get the...

Sharp pains in the belly after taking Co-codamol

I have been experiencing stomach pains for around 2 weeks now, the pains are sometimes quite sharp and mainly occur ...

Redundant colon, can it cause IBS?

I have just had a colonoscopy. The report says I have a redundant colon. Could this explain my irritable bowl syndro...

Best medication to help my constipation

I am a female age 75 who takes Hydrocodone and other meds that cause constipation, what is the best thing to take fo...

Bloody, painful bowel movements

For the past couple of months I have had bright red blood in my stool. I don't have regular bowel movements (maybe e...

Long Term Effects of Using Cremalax?

Hello doc.,its me raj 24years old..height 5ft8inches..weight 72kg..just wanna ask about regular use of cremalex for ...

Constipation treatment - Getting off of Laxatives

My name is Clint, and I'm 16. For almost a year now I've been struggling with constipation. It started while I was o...

Chronic Constipation and its treatment.

I have been constipated for practically 4 years now. I never have the urge to go and I have gone a month without a B...

Constipation problem and its treatment

My daughter is 2 years old.She has constipation problem .She always feel very pain when push out the stool because t...

Cramps, deep low back pain and irregular bowel ...

Dear Doctor for the last 9 months I have had deep lower back pain on the left. I have been to a chiropractor for 5 t...

Difference between Constipation and Peristalsis??

Is constipation and peristalsis the same thing?

Constipation on one side only: is it normal?

I have constipation but by x rays showedd i was only constipated on 1 side i was wondering if this is normal?

Constipation after taking iron supplements

When I was 18 years old I went to a nurse practitioner and I found out that I was anemic. She recommended that I ta...

How much of Aloe vera juice can we give to a ch...

How much Aloe Vera juice can I give my 10month old for constipatio

Blood in stool and irregular bowel movements.

I have been experiencing irregular bowel movements over the last one week. Now go to the washroom for a long call on...

Treatment for Constipation with senokot

I have had constipation for the past four days i have been taking senokot for three days is it safe to carry on taki...

Bad Constipation

What to do if it is bad enough that i strain to go to the washroom?

Post Your Thoughts