Question :

Does Copd Always Lead to Lung Cancer

Does copd always lead to lung cancer? are headaches caused from copd? can you get back and shoulder pain from copd? what can i do for the pain in the chest and back and shoulders

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Hello, I understand your worry about COPD and lung cancer. COPD does not always lead to lung cancer. However the chances of developing cancer in the lungs may increase if the cause of the COPD was smoking.
As you know, smoking is very related not only to lung cancer but to any other cancer in the body. In people that have developed COPD due to smoking, the concern for lung cancer raises.
On the other hand people with lung cancer due to any other reason besides smoking could develop COPD as well, but not always. I hope I cleared your doubt.

Questions related to COPD

29 year old female with mild obstruction. Possi...

Hello, I am a 29 year old female and have smoked between 1 pack - 1.5 packs of cigarettes per day for 15 years. I am ...

COPD exacerbation a contraindication for predni...

In a case of what seems to be COPD exacerbation, where the patient presented a new symptom of coughing up white frot...

Side effects of long term use of albuterol and ...

What are the long term effects from inhaling Albuterol sulfate and ipratropium bromide solutions via nebulizer to tr...

What is the risk of general anesthesia on a pat...

Hi, I have moderate COPD with asthma and I need a gall-bladder operation. What are the risks of having a general an...

Which has more correlation with COPD? Duration ...

Dear doctor, i am a 28 yr old mother of two. recently i have been to see my doc abouta persistent cough and chest p...

Smoking cessation and COPD

I have recently quit smoking (approx. 2 mos.) I am now 61,have been smoking since I was 16(45 years) but am in relat...

Effective management of COPD

My husband has been diagnosed with COPD. He gets out of breath if he walks tot fast, uphill, or works on DIY in th...

Diagnostic Criteria of COPD Severity

Hi i have been diagnosed with severe copd.fev1 53%.im not that bad really.i havent had any inhalers for ages and fee...

COPD: diagnosis through xray or lung function t...

Hi i was told by my dr after having xrays that i have COPD i had a lung test this week and was told by the nurse tha...

What tests and Doctors do I need to consult for...

I was told I have copd about two years ago. I have not had insurance till recently. I do not have a primary doctor. ...

Lung transplant

Dont know if you can answer this, what are the chances of a 75 year old man with the financial means being able to g...

Using oxygen to treat Copd

How effective is oxygen in treating copd. How safe is the use of oxygen in treading copd.

Answers on copd

Hi im a 40 year old woman diagnoced with copd when i was 37 I am nonsmoker however my family an friends all smoke s...

COPD diagnosis at age twenty-three.

I am twenty three yrs old i have seen a lung doctor and i am getting frustrated he has told me i have COPD, they did...

Lung removal operation, what to expect?

I have been asking this ever since I was told about this operation I would be having, but not got an answer and it's...

Life ending from emphysema?

My Mother In-law is 69 with emphysema. Been on oxygen 24 7 for almost 3 years. She has continued smoking throughout ...

Mild emphysema

Following a CT scan, I have been diagnosed with mild upper lobe emphysema and I a 40 year old female, I gave up smok...

Smoking increases the risk of developing COPD a...

I WAS WONDERING AT WHAT AGE CAN YOU DEVELOP THESE DISEASES IF YOU WERE AN ON AND OFF AGAIN SMOKER FOR SEVERAL YEARS....

COPD and Surgical Risks

What is the risk factor for 59 year old woman with c.o.p.d., one lung(the size of a child) undergoing a small intest...

Bronchodilaters and Lung Funtion Testing

I recently had blood gas test done at a hospital for my breathing difficulties and the doctor told me the results w...

Does COPD have an affect on your short term mem...

I am doing a presentation on COPD at my college and I am curious to know if this would affect you memory and if it d...

Post Your Thoughts