Question :

Bleach

On the 18th my daughter spilt half a bottle of bleach all over herself though she didnt drink it she now has a really bad cough and so do i (mine actually taste like bleach)plus we've been running fevers up too 101.5 and having colds sweats is this from the bleach and if it is should i worry and take her to the doctor or will this go away (shes only 1 years old) please aswer me some one!?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your concern about bleach and your current symptoms. Inhaling fumes from chlorine could cause temporary respiratory signs or symptoms such as cough and possibly difficulty breathing if there was an intense exposure to pure chlorine. However since you breathed, I will assume for a short period of time bleach, in my opinion this could be the cause of your cough and fever.
It is very possible that this might be cause by a virus that your daughter transmitted you, 101.5 F is very high and you should treat her immediately, I would suggest you to use physical methods such as bathing her in lukewarm water and give her Tylenol according to her age and weight, if the fever persists take her to the pediatrician as soon as possible.

Questions related to Coughs

Please Help Me Figure out whats wrong

I have slowly stop smoking and now I have been coughing and had some chest pain. Is that normal. With a little dizzin...

Terrible cough, that is keeping my husband up a...

I have had a cough for a couple of months. I went to a Dr. gave me antibiotic's for bronchitis, i took the medicine b...

My cough might be bad

I have a really weird cough. Its loud and sounds like a seal. It is not normal, but it doesnt hurt me. It gets bad du...

Father has cough for 2 months now.

Hello, My father has had a severe cough now for almost 2 months. He has not taken any medications or seen a doctor (...

Just wondering what up with my throat.

My cough produces a greenish phlegm that sometimes has streaks of blood. Is this something of concern or would the st...

Persistent cough and chest pain in nonsmoker

I'm a 23 year old male. I am in good shape, active and have never smoked. I've had a persistent cough and chest pain ...

Started vomiting after bad cold and bad cough

So for the past week I've had a pretty bad cold and some bad coughing. But yesterday and today, I threw up. I would o...

Coughing up blood and feel like ice in my chest

A little bit ago I was laughing and it turned into something that seemed like a mix between a laugh and a cough. It s...

Coughing over excessively. Emergency please help

docter, i am coughing too much . i am non smoker. so why this happen? and give the treatment ?

Cough in young adult for 3 months

So here's the situation. I have had a dry tickly cough for about 3 months now. The cough started after I had a cold...

coughing up brown stringy mucus

Coughing up thick brown stringy mucus? A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a cough noticed I was coughing up alot of...

Severe cough causing difficult to breath and vo...

I've had a cough for three weeks, I've seen my doctor about it, but he was hardly any help, he said it's due to my al...

Severe cough not improving

I am in the Philippines on a business trip. This is my 4th visit. Never sick before. About a week & half ago deve...

persistent cough in young smoker. cancer?

I am a 28 year old female and for the past couple of months. I am a smoker about 7 to 10 cigarettes a day. I quit for...

Sore throat and coughing up yellow mucus

A went to the doctor over a week ago with a sore throat and also for coughing up yellow mucus. It started off with bo...

Coughing keeping me up at night

I'm a 17 y/o male, and over the past couple of days, I've been coughing pretty badly and it's been keeping me up at n...

Persistent cough

I have had a persistent cough for several year and I noticed that it increased in the past year, or so. It's not chro...

Coughing problems

Cough and mucus from lungs probably. Plus deep nasal congestion that doesn't affect breathing. Lasted for 1 1/2 we...

Severe cough

For about four days now I have had a severe deep cough. When I cough a little bit of mucus comes up sometimes but not...

coughing for 3 weeks

Hello i am a 22 year old male that has been coughing for 3 weeks. I am worried it might be tuberculosis but i have no...

Child with a bad cough

My daughter is 4 she has a really bad cough with phlegm she is. Having a hard time breathing as she sleeps should I ...

Coughing and wheezing even after taking Augmentin

I have been on Augmentin for a week for a sinus infection. Yet, I still have a really bad cough and weezing now. Sh...

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and Blocked Nose

I have a cough when I try to sleep. I know I have Muliple Chemical Sensitivity. My room has a air fliter. Austin ...

Two Year Old with Bad Cough

What cough syrup can I give my two year old who has a really bad cough and keeping her up all night?

Cough producing white creamy foam

I have had a cough for about 2 months now that is producing a white creamy colored foam. i have pains in my right sh...

Post Your Thoughts