Question :

Problem with a Cyst

In January 2010 I started with pain in my right side, near to my ovary area. I was sent for a scan, which showed nothing obvious. In May to June 2010, I went back to my GP as I was still getting pain on and off, sometimes which is very painful. I was sent for yet another scan and this time, this showed a cyst which was around 3cm in size. I had to return to have a follow-up scan around 2 months later, which showed that the cyst had reduced in seize.The hospital then discharged me.I am still getting pain on and off on my right side. Sometimes it can be really painful to the point where is hurts when I move or bend my right leg up. Does this mean that the cyst keeps coming and going?? Is this normal or should I go back and see my GP?? Thanks very much for your help in advance

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Certainly I would suggest you to consult your physician for an evaluation and possibly an imaging test, such as ultrasound, to see whether your kidney cyst has enlarged again or to rule out other causes.
If your kidney cyst had changed and caused signs and symptoms again, you may opt to have treatment at this time if this were the case. Your physician would need to confirm this and probably depending on the size, drain it or surgically remove it. An evaluation of your kidney function test might also be needed.

Questions related to Cysts

Is it safe to get my ears pierced if I have reo...

Hello, I have been diagnosed with cysts in my ear lobes, (2 or 3 in each) I've have this issue since childhood. Altho...

Pea sized thing on neck

I have a pea sized thing on my neck, when i pinch it some sort of liquid will come out. Is it Epidermoid or Pilar Cys...

Breast lump on right nipple

Hi, I have recently developed a hard lump on the bottom part of my right nipple. I am 22 almost 23 and have been bulk...

How do you stop a boil from draining?

I have had a boil for 3 years would always drain and fill back up when it would drain i would squeeze it a little bit...

Vocal Fold Cyst? or Something else worst?

Last Summer I'm not sure what happened to my voice, all I remembered was I kept doing the whistle note over and over ...

I have a hole in my arm pit

I have a small Hole in my Armpit, it kind of looks like this http://www.squeakywheelseeksgrease.com/blog/wp-content/u...

What is under my jaw?

There is a jelly like substance under my jaw. It doesn't hurt. However, squeezing it hurt. There is no redness and it...

Larege lump

I have an immensely large lump in my underarm area, it's really painful and I can hardly move my arm. What is it and ...

Swollen wrist

I have sort of a knot on the upper part of my wrist. I can't remember ever hurting it to cause a knot, but it's been ...

Amy Lainhart

I have several lumps 2 under both arms, have 2 on right leg behind knee and one on my shin.some are painful?

I have a knot in my left lower abdominal and on...

Okay, so I've been in a lot of pain every once in awhile the last few months and up until last night I could shrug it...

Hard immobile bump behind right ear

Hello, I've had a hard immobile bump behind my right ear (near my hairline). It does not hurt, and has not changed...

lump with black center

i have got a hard lump with a black hole in center of it that brown puss and chunky came out of it at first squeezed ...

Bump between breasts

I have a bump/lump in between my breasts. it doesn't have a head and is growing under the skin it is partly red and t...

Recurring lump on bottom ear?

Hi, so I have a pea-sized spherical lump on my right ear. (I can feel the whole thing)It is in the part where the b...

Reoccurring Bartholinin cysts, should they be r...

My bartholin cyst is abscessing for the sixth time in a year and my doctor still hasn't taken it out...what should I ...

Bump about an inch long and it has fluid inside

I have a bump about an inch long and it has fluid inside, sometimes hurts a little. It is located on the right side o...

Cystic hygromas in adults?

What do you know about cystic hygromas in adults?

White round bubbly thing inbetween fingers

After playing the drums, I got this white round bubbly thing in between my fingers... It hurts whenever I touch it or...

How long will symptoms last and what can be taken?

My husband has been diagnosed with epididymitis. The doctor perscribed him Morgidox 100mg, but it makes him extremely...

Painless lump in groin

For the past 5 to 6 weeks I noticed a lump a little larger than a quarter in my groin. It is painless, no changes to...

Strange lump under skin

There is a small bump about the size of a piece of rice on my palm right below my right ring finger. It hurts when th...

Lump on Scrotum after taking Lortab

Hi, every time I take lortabs i get a lump that swells on my scrotum that fills with blood. when it pops it drains w...

Ganglion Cyst waiting to be removed

I have a ganglion cyst on my elbow that is scheduled to be removed next week, but I think it has burst under the ski...

Pilonidal cyst and surgical drainage

Can a hospital drain a pilonidal cyst before it developes a boil? I went 2 immediate care and they couldn't lance it...

Post Your Thoughts