Question :

Tooth ache while laying down

I have 4 teethe that have root exposure and need to be pulled. It only hurts when i lay down at night when i go to bed. doesnt hurt whil i am standing up. Why is this and what can i do to help ease the pain? thanks

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
During the initial phase, the nerve roots and blood vessels of the tooth are exposed causing pain on exposure to hot or cold. As the decay of the teeth progresses the pulp of the tooth is involved and causes severe, throbbing pain and can be aggravated on lying down. The only way to permanently relieve the pain is by  tooth extraction or root canal treatment.

Questions related to Dental Care

Red spot on back left molar pad, been there ove...

Dental, back left molar pad has red spot there for over 1 week.

Post op pus and blood after Wisdom tooth extrac...

Hello sir/madam i had my wisdom tooth removed recently cause it was inverted and pushing me secondary molars. but a...

Knot/Lump under nose, above lip ... dental ques...

I'm in the process of getting a root canal ... waiting for the crown to come in. It was on tooth #9, top left tooth....

What is this? Is this gum disease, please help.

So I recently went for a dental checkup, They took x-rays. They said I had one cavity and nothing else. Although I h...

Post wisdom tooth removal, Do I have an abscess...

I am a 25 year old male in good overall health. 7 days ago I had one wisdom tooth removed, my lower right. surgery we...

Dental Problem - Purple line in gums

I just noticed my gums are really purple and I can see a dark purple line on the inside of my bottom gum. Im not sure...

Overexposure to Dental Radiographic Tests

I went to my dentist the other day for him to check on a broken pre-molar. His dental assistant decided to go ahead a...

Two front teeth broken from the roots

Hello, My son fell down yesterday and broke his front two teeth while playing, the teeth came out from the roots. We...

Is there anyway to relieve wisdom tooth pain wi...

What is the best way to get rid of pain in my wisdom tooth. Is removal of the wisdom teeth the only way possible?

Inflamed tonsil?

Inflamed tonsil? Right side only.

What is this small bump on my gums?

A few days ago I noticed a painless, skin-colored bump between my two front teeth. It is closer to my right tooth, bu...

Root canal treatment sensitivity

Is it normal to still have sensitivity to hot and cold after one month of root canal retreatment?

Wisdom Teeth and Food Options

What is the average time that a patient is able to eat "normal" solid foods after getting all four wisdom t...

is cleft lip hereditory, can my brother marry a...

is cleft lip hereditory, can my brother marry a girl with a cleft lip?

Wisdom tooth removed while infected

I just had my muller pulled yesterday morning because I was in pain and had swelling the day before yesterday. I thou...

painful hard lump at my left lower gum,upper ja...

Dear dentist, i have a tooth broken at the center of my left tooth after that the gum of my tooth got infected and ...

Tooth in Hard Plate

I have two tooth in hard plate should put braces or operate ?

Swolen gum around one my teeth/sensitivity

swolen gum around one of my teeth, why?

Fells like someone jabbed a knife into my nose

About 2 weeks ago, I bit into something and it felt as if someone took a knife and jabbed it up into my nose up. I li...

Fibrous Dysplazia

Greetings! I am 24 years old from Poland and I have fibrous dysplazia in my left maxilo-zygomatic area. I have no pai...

horrible tooth and jaw pack.

My tooth is infected and my jaw is swollen there is a walnut size bump on my jaw ad I have numbness on one side of my...

Black spot on gums

Hi I'm 20 years old and a smoker .. This morning I noticed a tiny black spot on my bottom gums right where my side to...

Jaw pain during sleep, however dissipates upon ...

Jaw pain during sleep, however dissipates upon waking up.

Tooth is turning yellow

I used to have white teeth but from few days my friends have been telling that my tooth have become yellow even thoug...

bulimic for like 6-7 months. One time I realize...

I am bulimic for like 6-7 months. One time I realized that some parts of my gum became white. What is happening? What...

Post Your Thoughts