Question :

Can diverticulosis be reversed?

Hallow doctors; hope you are all in a good health, My questions are: 1-Can diverticular disease hale forever (or for a long time at least) if the patient took all the Helping strategies such as eating a lot of fiber, drinking lot water, exercise regularly? And thank you very much,

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Diverticulosis occurs when your digestive tract develops small out-pouchings. These bulging pouches can then become inflammed or infected leading to diverticulitis. Diverticulosis is very common as you age. Though diverticulitis can be prevented by certain lifestyle modification and strategies, diverticulosis (the intestinal out-pouches) unfortunately cannot be reversed. I hope that helps.

Questions related to Diverticulitis

Hernia caused by partial colectomy

What can cause a hernia after a partial colectomy for diverticulitis, followed by a colostomy and then takedown? is i...

Diverticulitis and alcohol during tonight's foo...

My diverticulitis is flaring up and i'm slightly afraid to to drink a couple of beers tonight during the football ga...

Prescriptions for Diverticulitis

What prescriptions are used for diverticulitis?

How long do I have to be in the hospital for Di...

How long is a hospital stay for diverculitus

What Diet should I take for Diverticulitis?

I had a flare-up of Diverticulitis. what diet should I be on?

Am I a candidate for emergency surgery for perf...

Who would you consider a NON candidate for emergency operation for perforated diverticulitis.

Diverticulitis: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment

What are the symtoms of diverticulitis? and some remedies.

Male ferritin level of five

Abdominal cramping for 2 weeks. Clean colonoscopy and endoscopy on 12-1. No signs of Diverticulitis yet. I NEED to...

Colon cleansers with diverticulitis

Can you take a colon cleanser with diverticulitis

Are aloe based products(nutraceuticals) safe to...

Are aloe based products(nutraceuticals) safe to take for diverticular disease?there seems to be conflicting opinions...

Diet post colonoscopy procedure

I had a colonoscopy yesterday and ate saltines, jello, and drank lots of water. I am on antibiotics for diverticulit...

Severe cramps with Diverticulitis History

Our mom has severe cramps - 1 every 3 min for the last 3 hours, and now it's every 5 minutes. She also has chills a...

Diverticulitis procedure - What to expext on th...

Hello, I was hopitalized for 2 days with what they are not sure is diverticulatis. I have something in colon that is...

Post Your Thoughts