Question :

Dizziness and Ear Pain when lying down

I WAS SICK THROAING UP SO THOUGHT I HAD THE FLU, THEN IT WAS STILL DIZZY SO WENT TO THE DR GOT OIL FOR MY EAR, MOTION MED, SAID VERTIGO, LASTED A WEEK WENT TO DIFFERENT DR CAUSE STILL HAD DIZZINESS, SAID VERTIGO, REST, WELL BEEN MONTH AND A HALF, IF I LAY DOWN AND MY HEAD TILTS BACK TO FAR, OR ESP ON MY RIGHT SIDE DOWN TO FAR I GET VERY DIZZY, IF I SLEEP WITH MY HEAD NOT UPWARD I AM OFF BALANCE THE NEXT MORNING , I TAKE SINUS MED AND IBPROFEN SOMEONE SAID FOR SWELLING OR IMFLAMMED??? I CANNOT AFFORD TO GO TO ER WHAT DO I DO??? I WAS WONDERING IF ITS MY NERVE SYSTEM, I DO FEEL TIGGLING IN MY HEAD SOME, AND MY ESP RIGHT EAR IS SORE. THEY SAID PERF AS WELL AS VERTIGO INNER EAR, AND IT WILL PASS, WELL ITS BEEN ALONG TIME, AND NOONE WOULD GIVE ME A ANTIBOTIC, SAID VIRAL

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There are many causes of dizziness. It can be associated with vertigo and middle ear infections. I do understand that your vertigo is more evident when you are lying down with the head in in a particular direction. This is very common in Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). This condition is most commonly attributed to calcium debris within the posterior semicircular canal. The semicircular canals normally detect angular head accelerations. Debris in the canal causes inappropriate sensation of spinning when the head shifts with respect to gravity. The treatment of BPPV includes several particle repositioning maneuvers such as Epley maneuver and modified Epley maneuver. single treatment maneuvers encourage the debris to migrate toward the exit.

Questions related to Dizziness

Blackouts, concerned about being hereditary.

I am a 22 yo female. Starting at age 13 I started having blackouts. There are five stages. 1) lightheaded-ness, chill...

I'm getting this weird dizziness when ever I st...

At times when I stand up after resting and sitting, I get really dizzy and blinded. Its hard for me to stand and see ...

Dizziness

What is the cause of my pounding dizziness?

vertigo,ear pain,stiff neck, leg twitching, che...

why did ginkgo biloba and aspirin cause my vertigo? (suffering 3 months)

Irregular heartbeat

Hello, I have been in and out of the doctor three times. They diagnosed me with vasovagal syncope. For some reason I ...

Dizziness, Black outs, Caffeine/alchohol intolo...

I have had a lot of dizziness and heart racing and rare times where I feel faint then black out in the last few years...

never feel good anymore

i am always lightheaded and dizzy and very exhausted to the point sometimes where i do not want to leave my house wha...

Iron or glucose problems?

I have been quite lightheaded and almost blacked out the other day. I sometimes feel unbalanced or wobbly in the head...

dizzy 24/7

Ive been dizzy for 3 years, when I laugh I get dizzy, when I watch tv for more than 2 hours I get dizzy, my head shak...

Dizzy and hard to breath

The past few days I have had trouble breathing while laying down. I just have to think about it extra hard and once I...

Rabies

Yesterday I took my dog outside and he was attacked by a mother cat watching after her 4 kittens. I pulled my dog awa...

dizzy after activity

after i do physical activity for a long period of time i get dizzy passout, get muscle cramps in my side, and i cant ...

Falling down for no reason

Over the last 3 or 4 years, I will fall down for no reason. It's like I get dizzy for a quick second, then I come cr...

Anemia?

For the past week I've been feeling dizziness that can last up to an hour at least twice a day, my left ear pops a co...

feeling out of it

the lighting has been bothering me and I've had bad headaches and my joints hurt. i feel extremely foggy and the ligh...

imbalance in walk

i am 32 f from india, for the past 7 years i am suffering from imbalance in walk n always have a that feeling that fl...

Long term dizziness with sore throat and ear aches

Since September last year I have gradually been feeling unwell. I have had ongoing dizziness (feeling like I was spin...

I have a bitter taste in my mouth and also feel...

I have a bitter taste in my mouth now for two days. What could it be? and also feel dizziness

Got hit in the cheekbone twice

Friday night I got attacked I got hit in the cheek bone twice and it immediately swelled and the bruise come out Satu...

Dizziness associated with Lisinopril

Im 35 and recently lot 25lbs. I now weigh 146. My pcp put me on lisoproil 10mg for high blood pressure a few months a...

HI Blood Pressure and shortness of breath

I am 37, 6'1 238pds. I do have high blood pressure. I have experiencing a weird sensation of getting lightheaded fol...

Dizziness 24/7

Why am I constantly feeling dizzy?

Loss of consciousness due to the sight of blood?

A few weeks ago I cut my finger mildly and and it bled for a little bit. After about five minutes I started feeling d...

Dizziness.

Hi , for the last three days I've woken up feeling really dizzy sore eyes and headache it's been about three days now...

Sudden fainting with other symptoms please help.

my girl friend is 40 years old and once or twice a year she gets extremely light headed, almost passes out, and has t...

Anal itching and Dizziness

Hi. I am having a variety of symptoms the last couple months, and am not sure if they are related in any way. The ma...

Shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness after...

Hi, I was hit by a car 4 days ago and fortunately it only hit my elbow and my thigh. I was in fairly good shape 2 da...

Feeling dizzy when I wake up in the morning

I wake up in the morning and feel like I am realy dizzy and really drug out. then I get this this funny feeling in m...

Dizziness and vertigo episodes getting worse

I am a 54 year old man, in reasonably good health. However lately I have been experiencing dizziness and vertigo up...

Food Poisoning - Can a home-canned product caus...

My friend (23 yrs old) and i (41 yrs old) are both showing signs of dizziness about 14 hours after eating the same ...

Feeling dizziness, off balance and light-headed...

For a month Ive been feeling light-headed, off balance and dizzy when I walk, like my head is heavy. And i have no i...

I get dizzy when I laugh, do I need to see a do...

Over the past year, when I find myself laughing hard, I end up getting very dizzy to the point of having to find som...

Dizziness and throwing up after exercise

I have been working out lately, I have been feeling dizzy and today I was throwing up. I have been feeling tired too.

Ongoing Dizziness After Getting Up

Why do I feel dizzy when standing up fast, or when taking a long shower? Sometimes it makes me feel like I am going ...

Dizziness when cracking the back

I'm 22 with moderate scoliosis in my mid-spine. Occasionally (perhaps once a day), while sitting down at school or w...

Dizziness when standing after sitting for an ex...

Why do i get dizzy when i stand up after sitting for an extended period.

Warfarin transfer over to asprin

Hi there I wondered if you could tell me please, if someone has been on warfarin and they have been changed over to ...

Side effects of Diatabs (loperimide)

HI i got diarrhea and i take diatabs after an hour i feel some dizziness is it a side effects of diatabs? is it norm...

Dizziness after Ear Infection and sore throat

I am suffering from lightheadness and vertigo for a few years on and off. No one knows why. I had ear infection agai...

Dizzyness and fast heart rate, what could be th...

Most nights now i feel dizzy and lightheaded,sweaty and have a very fast heart beat,even if i lie down feels like am...

Why am i feeling light headed when i lay on my ...

Why am i feeling light headed when i lay on my left side and not my right side? i am 42 years old. and my equilibri...

Why do i feel dizzy when I suddenly stand?

I'm a 16-year-old male, with no health problems (that I know of). I've noticed that when I suddenly get up after be...

Dizziness, tiredness, headaches, neck pain

I am tired all the time, suffer from dizziness, tiredness, headaches, neck pain, and am thirsty all the time.

Dizziness and vision problems when standing up

About 90% of the time when I go from sitting down to standing up, I feel dizzy and my vision has a tunnel vision eff...

Dizziness and what can cause it?

I am 21 years old and since the age of 13 i have been having dizzy spells. i have been to the doctors several times ...

Feeling faint during operations

Hi I am a vet student and I often feel faint when standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally when watching ...

Dizzyness and Numbness Postpartum

I have had this accur since I was roughly 13, however I am now 22 and in the past few weeks it has increased. Someti...

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo and Betahi...

Dear Doctor: My 80 year old father experiences vertigo when lying in bed. It only happens on one side. If he is l...

Dizziness and reduced vision when standing

I am an overweight, non-smoking, 44 year old male. Recently, I have extreme dizziness, reduced vision, and a poundin...

Imbalance, foggy, dizzy feeling in my head

Everyday I have a heavy and foggy feeling in my head. I feel like i have no balance when i walk and always have a fe...

Post Your Thoughts