Question :

Itching, red, swollen eyelids

Would triancinolone cream 5% ever be prescribed for itching, red, swollen eyelids?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Though triamcinolone can be prescribed for itching and red eyelids, a 5% dose is too strong. A weaker steroid with 0.1% triamcinolone can be used on the face and eyelids.

Questions related to Eye Health

Under eye pressure/tightening sensation

I have a dull pressure/tightening sensation under my left eye. The under-eye is slightly bloated but so is my right e...

Eye blood vessel bursting

Can a broken blood vessel in your eyes cause floaters?

I don't know if I'm okay....

A couple months ago, before school in the morning I would look in my bathroom mirror and I noticed that one eyelid is...

I experience momentary blindness almost two to...

Hello doctor, I experience momentary blindness almost two to three times in a week.to state correct my vision flicker...

Need to find the cause to my floaters and infla...

I had iritis about 5 years ago, to my dismay it is back, the floaters and my eye have inflammation. I have eye drop...

mass found around the eye

My grandaughter just got out of surgery with a removal of a white puffy mass the size of your thumb, that started und...

Eye infection

Hello, I woke up about 5 days ago with itchy red and swollen eyes. My eye was very swollen in the inner corner of my ...

Uv eye damage

I have central vision lose because of uv damage to my eyes and I would like to know what I can do to improve my readi...

I have diabetes 

I have diabetes and I'm concerned i have bags underneath my eyes and my right eye is getting darker then the the othe...

Mercury in my eye which has gotten into head

i got mercury in my eye, then it got lost in my head. think im ok? this website had no category for this so i picked ...

Eye swelling - and Thyroid medication

I have a swelling in the crease of my eye. It is soft and is not a lump. It isn't painful or itchy. It seems to have ...

Quick onset eye pain

My left eye is tender to the touch in the inside corner and under the bottom lashes, this came on all of a sudden las...

negative 2.10 and negative 2.25 eye problem

If my eye test result is; right eye-2.10 left eye -2.25. What kind of disorder am I suffering from and do I need a c...

Dry eye and suspected pterygium

I have red eye on both eyes and diagnosed with corneal deposits on the right eye and was treated with Maxitrol eye dr...

Black dot on the eye

I have a tiny black dot on my the colorful part of the eye not on the white of it. I think it's called the iris it is...

About Eye Cataract surgery

Hello Doc My cousin Sister recently went through a cataract surgery for both eyes with a gap period of 5 months in...

Red eye (viral conjunctivitis)

I have a red eye (viral conjunctivitis) and i have a flight on friday, should i change my booking will it go away by...

Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes

Dear Dr., I am 30 years old and I have dark circles under my eyes. When I wake up in the morning, they look even wo...

Swelling of eyelid due to allergy or conjunctiv...

Hi there I went to work two weeks ago with a headache so I took 2 paracetemol. There was a customer that sneezed al...

What causes Watery Eyes?

I wake up in the middle of the night and my left eye is leaking. Why is it doing that?

Burning Eyes, Discharge and Swelling

Dear dr. i have eye boogers every morning i can hardly open my eyes but through out the day they burn alot !!! its h...

Hand senitizer in the eye

Hi I got some hand senitizer into my eye now I tryed to wash it with watter and I tryied some red eye drops should ...

Treatment of Common Cold and watering eyes

Whenever I get a cold, my eyes get watery and keep tearing? Any suggestions?

Hypertensive and problem with eyesight

For the past nine months or so I have been suffering with very heavy eyes. The symptoms are impaired and blurred vis...

Treatment for Itchy swollen eyes

For about a week now I have been waking up to itchy eyes, at first they were just dry at the end and I didn't think ...

Eye floater and tinnitus

I got eye floaters in both eye for 10 years and tinistus in left year for 8 years.every six month i do eye check up....

Headaches and eye problems: possible Eye Fatigue.

I have an undiagnosed problem with my eyes relating to a head injury I sustained a number of years ago. I experienc...

Eye Floaters and signs of retinal detachment

Dear Doctors, I have eye floaters; Should I visit an ophthalmologist or retinal specialist to see if I have retinal...

Passing the Driving Test with cataract in one e...

I have a cateract in my left eye its fairly bad and i was wondering could I still pass my driving test in the eye si...

Swelling and throbbing sensation of right eye

Hi, im 18 years old and the other day at work i noticed my right eye was a bit sore, it also started throbbing every...

Sensation of having sand in my eyes

Why I have the sensation of having sand in my eyes?

Use of marijuana after eye surgery

Hi, I just got the PRK eye surgery last week Thursday and i occasionally smoke marijuanna. When its the safest i cou...

Red spot inside eyelid

I have a red spot inside my upper eye lid. What could possibly ause this and how do I get rid of it? I have had stye...

Consuming GHB, eyesight problem with small words.

Dear Doctor, I have recently consumed a little too much of some Gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid(GHB),my friends told me I ...

Eye Pain From Light Exposure

I have pain in my eye when i see light . I go to the doctor and he said that i have not any thing in my eye. anothe...

Constant flashing of light at the corner of one...

Constant flashing of light at the corner of one eye

My eyes are not aligned?

I've recently noticed in the mirror that when i look straight, my right eye is normal but my left eye turns to the l...

Stye Medication and Treatment options

I have A stye over my right eye, what medicine would I take to disolve this?

Right eyelid swelling during exercise

I have started working out at my local gym for about a month now. During a workout the upper portion of my right eye...

Strange lights in my eye, caused by other lights.

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me. When the sun or street lights shine at a certain angle to my eye, I can see another ...

What could have caused my glaucoma

I've been diagnosed with glaucoma. Thirty years ago I had a problem with chronic eye infections.At the time I was a ...

Have I got an eye infection?

My eye has been sore for 2 days. Its been burning and feels a bit dry. it doesn't look red but it really hurts. Have...

Puffiness and Red Eye irritation

About a week ago I woke up with puffiness under both eyes, and red erritation.This is still going on and under the e...

Swelling underneath the Eye lid

Hi, i have had a swollen eye for 2 days and i can feel a lump underneath my eyelid, should i be worryed?

Lime dust in father's eyes - what should I do?

My father got lime dust in his eyes about 2 hours ago and is still in pain after a good rinse what should he do?

Left Eye burns and hurts when i wake up

Random mornings i wake up with my left eye burning watering like crazy and i cant barely touch my eyelid and it star...

Eye pain and redness after sleeping with contac...

On last night i fell to sleep and forgot to take my contacts out now on this morning my left eye is in pain and the ...

Pressure on my Optic nerve

Hi i recently went to the opticians to get my eyes tested as i was always getting headaches, they took pictures of m...

Having trouble seeing

I am having wavy lines that is making it hard to see. It looks like a tear in front of me. Now it still feels like m...

Blepharitis - Treatment options

How to treat blepharitis completely from the eye?

Post Your Thoughts