Question :

Can low testosterone cause major fatigue?

I stop taking creatine around the middle or end of May. I was very strong benching 400 lbs 6 times which I would think that my testosterone was at least high average if not a little higher than average since I was lifting so much. I havent lifted in about 2 months and before I started feeling fatigued and bad I always lifted weights late in the evening towards night time which would make me think that my testosterone wasnt low then because I was lifting 400 lbs 5 times every night at the start of my work out. I took 2 testosterone test. It was 7.8 total test taken at 1 pm and then 12.0 taken at 8 30 am. All other blood work was normal. My appetite is very low. Some times I go a day or 2 without eating. Could it be that my testosterone was really high while on the creatine and lifting weights and now that Im not, those results are to low which could cause me to feel really bad constantly for 2 months?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Creatine has no known side effect on testosterone level. However, weight training stimulates the body to increase production of testosterone. That is why you were very strong. However, I think you were overdoing it. Doing weight training too frequently or doing too many sets will make cortisol run rampant, and will lower your testosterone level. Low testosterone levels will have symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, low sex drive, etc. You may consider going back to lifting weights again but this time, do it in moderation. I would also suggest for you to avoid creatine. It does build up muscles faster but it can also potentially damage the kidneys. Try having more lean red meats; this too is packed with creatine. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.

Questions related to Fatigue

Feeling fatigued often for unknown reason

I'm 16 and I feel fatigued quite often. I eat a healthy diet, I get about 8 or 9 hours of sleep a night, I exercise e...

4 months of fatigue & aching muscles

Why do I have aching muscles & joints, fatigue all the time going on 4 months.?

Serious Nausea Problem

For the past couple of years I've been experiencing nausea. In the beginning it only lasted a few days or a couple we...

Fatigue after car accident

I was in a car accident a week and half ago (rear-ended- I was stopped and they were going about 45). Physically I a...

Generalized weakness

I am 41/male suffering from generized weakness since last March. In March my serum calcium was 9.3 mg/dl and Vitamin ...

What is causing my nausea and fatigue?!

I'm a 32 year old female. Lately, the last few months, I've been experiencing on and off nausea and fatigue. I'm in g...

Fatigue & discharge

i have 2 questions: 1) ive been having vaginal discharge for a while. im not sure if this is normal among women or ...

Constant fatigue, mucus in throat 8+ months

I've been suffering from intense fatigue and other symptoms for 8+ months, i've been to several doctors and am curren...

PLEASE HELP! hemoglobin blood count 6- yet stil...

‚Äčto start off, i have very irregular periods and i have been diagnosed with hyperglycemia (diabetic), anemia, and ive...

liver enzymes

What causes elevated liver enzymes to be at 189

My Husband Is Tired ALL The Time!

My husband is 45 and pretty healthy. Just had lab work come back fine. He finds himself tired most of the time: comp...

Constant Fatigue for No Apparent Reason

I am a 24 year old female and on the whole I am a generally healthy person. For the past four-five years I have fe...

Constant fatigue. I'm young and live healthily....

Hi. For months I've suffered from constant fatigue and lack of energy. I'm a 23-year-old male. I eat well, exercise 4...

Fatigue or Tiredness

Doctor i am 34 years old with a body status of 175 cm height 70 kgs an Indian working in Saudi Arabia. I am a smoke...

Tiredness and pain in the legs

I suffer with pains ing both legs every evening when I get tired. The only way to relieve the discomfort is to go to...

How Do I Cope with Spring Fatigue?

I would like to know what are the main symptoms that are you suffering from spring fatigue? Is this something that y...

Coping With Excessive Sleepiness and Fatigue

Excessive sleepiness. I have been having a hard time keeping awake during the work day. I go to bed around 10pm or ...

Can't breathe through nose, no sleep, feel tire...

Hi Please please can you help? I can never breathe properly especially during my sleep. All the time I feel tired, ...

Possible Chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS) in a man...

My husband has had two jobs for a year now and he has been showing signs of physical fatigue. Firts shift 6am-3pm, s...

Constantly exhausted - diagnosis and treatment

I always wake up feeling as if i haven't been to sleep! I go to bed early every night and get plenty of sleep but i ...

Chronic pain Causing Fatigue?

Dear Doctor, Why am I always so tired. Ijust turned 18, and my energy levels seem to be that of someone more than tw...

Are weigth gain and fatigue symptoms of Menopau...

I am a 56 year old female going thru menopause. I am experiencing weight gain, dehydrated lips, and fatigue. D...

Why do i feel so exhausted

I have been feeling exhausted since saturday i do work 12hour shifts but this last week has been hard for me am not ...

Severe tiredness and dizzyness

I feel severly tired and dizzy all the time from the moment i wake till bedtime.i have been for blood tests but resu...

Husband is having severe headache, please help.

Hello. My husband has been complaing of headaches , cramping, fatigue and fevers. He is alright in the morning but ...

Professional swimmer w/ fatigue

I am a professional swimmer and have a good chance of making olympics next year if i can get ontop of my endless ill...

Constant fatigue and headaches, please help

I have a friend that had Knee surgery a year ago! She started getting sick a lot and it took six months to recover. ...

Unexplained Fatigue and Tiredness

I'm 21, almost 22. I've noticed I'm always feeling tired and fatigue. I'm way too young to feel this way, so I think...

Hypothyroidism: Common Signs and Symptoms

I dont want to sound like a hypacondric but for a while iv been suffering from a few different problems it started w...

Sleepy and tired all the time, Please Help.

Hi, I am in my late 30s and I'm always feeling tired and sleepy. I sleep okay (around 6-8 hours).I work out regularl...

Extreme fatigue and sleeping disorder

I have been having the problem for about a few weeks now that I get tired all day or out of nowhere. Where I will ne...

Causes of Generalized Fatigue

I am a 21 year old female who is recently becoming fatigued after normal everyday activities, it also takes me a whi...

Why am I always tired?

Hello, my name is Cassie and I am 17 years of age. I'm unusually tired all the time. I have heavy mood swings and I ...

Female chronic iron deficiency anemia.

Chronically low Iron levels in females continued... Iron still low, specifically S Ferritin: 28 Could you please su...

Leg muscle fatigue

I have been experiencing leg muscle weakness in both legs for about a month. I jog almost every day about 2 to 2.5 m...

Symptoms of fatigue and irritability may be a s...

Hello, I always begin to get tired two - three hours after eating. When I get tired I tend to get moody as well. ...

Leg fatigue caused by possible hypothyroidism

For 7-8 years, I have had extreme leg fatigue, even when simply standing. An endocronologist says I have "sublcli...

Chronically low Iron levels in females

I have had low iron for several years now, and have been consistantly taking iron tablets with little or no improvem...

Extreme Fatigue, looking for ideas to aid diagn...

I am an almost-19-year-old female who has been experiencing extreme fatigue since Fall of 2008. It occurred within t...

Post Your Thoughts