Question :

How soon can I exercise after gallbladder surgery?

I will be having Gallbladder surgery and 2 weeks later i will be starting beginners yoga.. Will I be able to do yoga 2 weeks after Gallbladder surgery?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There are two methods of gallbladder removal, open surgery or laparoscopic surgery. If you are undergoing open surgery, you will need approximately 6-8 weeks to recover before taking part in any strenuous activity. On the under hand, if you are having laparoscopic surgery, your recovery time will be significantly shorter. I suggest waiting 3-4 weeks before starting any exercise routine.

Questions related to Gallstones

What is causing me this pain in my upper stomach

I currently have gallstones with chronic cholystitis, I haven't had an attack in over a week. I have severe upper bac...

Drain Bag and Stent question

I had a gangrenous gall bladder surgically removed...17 days later I was re-hospitalized for an abscess at the valve ...

Why is my urine cloudy and foul smelling?

Lately I have been noticing that my urine has a bad smell to it, not sweet or ammonia smelling. It also is cloudy. I ...

when should I seek medical attention?

I think I have gallstones. Today the pain has spread to my right kidney and itches. Should I seek medical attention?

Do I Have Gallstones?

I've had pain in my upper right chest in the middle just below the ribs. My grandma used the be a nurse and said It ...

surgery after surgery, still pus

Doctor, I cannot express in words how immensely worried I am for my mother so if you\'re reading this I beg you to...

Cholecystectomy complications

I had a cholecystectomy a week and a half ago. I'm now having sharp pains at the incision sight and the incision is ...

Gallbladder problems with no Gallstones?

I've been having a pain under my right rib cage for over 3 years now, it makes my back hurt and I feel like I cant g...

Can Gall bladder pain mimic a heart attack?

Can my gall bladder mimic a heart attack.It starts in the center of my chest and goes to my back and between my shou...

CBD Stone, Laparoscopic surgery or Endoscopy?

Hello Doctor, Two years back, my mother had severe pain in the stomach. We consulted a doctor and were told that sh...

Severe Nausea Post gallbladder removal

In nov. of 2010 I was laying on the couch when the phone rang. I got up to answer when I got so hot, dizzy, and naus...

Contraindications To Flying After Abdominal Sur...

Will I be able to fly 2 weeks after my Gallstone operation?

Green diarrhea and potential link to gallstones

My doctor found a 2 inch gallstone during an ultrasound.For the last 24 hours I have been having fairly violent wate...

Pain symptoms due to gallbladder stones

2 days ago I went to the emergency room,for pain in my left chest area,it radiated into my back,on the way to the ho...

Gallstones surgery and its implications.

Hi doctor i had an ultrasound on my abdomen yesterday, the doctor said i have numerous gallstones with one is 11mm. ...

Post gallbladder surgery pain when I walk, sit ...

How long should I reasonably expect my post laproscopy cholecystectomy pain to last? I am 13 days post surgery. The...

Pain in right side even after gallbladder surgery

I have had no recent health issues until this year, about 9 months ago I started experiencing pains in the ride side...

Driving after laparoscopic gallbladder surgery

How soon after laparoscopic gallbladder surgery will I be able to drive??

Alcohol consumption after gallbladder removal

How does drinking effect you after you have had your gallbladder removed?

Fluid leakage from wound after surgery

My dad just got open surgery of gallbladder removal 2 weeks ago. Now he is at home but develop a continuous leakage ...

Need some explanation for my blood test results

My blood test results came back with neutrophilia with right shift and toxic granulation.my doctor couldnt explain t...

Gallblader surgery gone wrong

I had gallbladder surgery and had a drain tube in me for three days after the surgery. I was sent home with it drain...

Gallstones and time of formation

How long does it take to accumulate 500 gallstones

Gallbladder removed, can I still get pancreatitis?

I had gallstone pancreatitis, and got my gallbladder removed is there a chance i can still gevelope another attack ...

Gallbladder surgery possible complications

Hi. I'm 25 yeas old, I have gallstones(multiple,mobile, 5-15mm). My gallbladder is normal, no inflammations. I had 4...

Post Your Thoughts