Question :

Constant Gas and Incomplete Bowel Movements

For the past 2 weeks I have been having a constant flow of gas. I really notice it most when I sit down. It feels like air bubbles coming out. There is no sound and no smell. I have no pain. I seem to be having incomplete bowel movements about 4 to 5 times a day. I always seem to feel like there is more but it won't come out. My stool also seems sticky. I have had no major changes in diet other than cutting out fast food and junk food. I eat fruits and vegetables. I drink 12 or more glasses of water a day. No soda, coffee or alcohol. This problem is driving me nuts. I feel really uncomfortable. I feel like I am soiling myself sometimes, but nothing is there. I have tried everything I can think of to help my problem and nothing has worked. I have never had this problem before. It is really causing me anxiety and I am worried. I don't have health insurance and don't want to pay a huge amount of money to go to a doctor unless I have to. Any help you can give me is much appreciated. I can't find any information anywhere for my exact problem. Please Help! Thanks!

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand you worry and your concern.Your symptoms could indicate Inflamatory bowel disesase, a parasitic infection or even Irritable bowel syndrome. Irritable bowel syndrome is characterised by incomplete and unsatisfactory bowel movements, change in stool pattern. However this is a diagnosis of exclusiona and thus other conditions need to be ruled out. In order to do this you will  have to get your stool tested so that we can get an idea of whats going on. In the mean time please continue eating more fibre and fresh fruits and vegetables which will help decrease the stools and make them more formed.You will however need to see a doctor for a complete examination and odering of tests.

Questions related to Gas

Stomach/Intestinal issues

Three weeks ago, I developed a problem with gas and bloating in my stomach. I was told it was lactose intolerance, b...

Burping a lot after eating anything

I burp a lot after eating anything. I take omeprazole 20mg. My abdominal ultrasound is normal and my complete blo...

Feces smell

Hi, I've been smelling like feces for about a year now, I'm a clean guy, drink alot of soda, I don't move alot. I don...

What to do if I have pain near Heart, Stomach w...

I am facing gas problem (according to me). I suddenly get pain in my stomach (in too much but I can feel that). Pai...

Had tablet while consuming alcohol with empty s...

I had a painkiller for tooth ache while I'm consuming alcohol with empty stomach. I feel lot of acidity in my stomach...

Increased foul smelling gas - will colon cleans...

Ive been extremely flatulent for the past month or so. Alot more then usual and it smells pretty bad. I havent been ...

Constant nausea for 7 days

Ive been very sick for 7 whole days, i feel like im going to puke but i cannot puke it just feels like it is in my t...

Help with Gas pains at night.

For the past two nights, I have been awakened by a sharp pain on my (very) low left side. It lasts for about 3 hours...

How do I manage Flatulence?

Pls what should i take for often flatulence

What can i do for my gas problems?

Everytime i eat luch at school and i go to class i sit and my stomach starts hurting and i have alot of gas, i go to...

Is This Plain Gas or Acid Reflux?

Hi there, in the past, I've had acid reflux (about a year ago - heartburn 3 - 4 times a week). I took a two week cou...

Dull Pain in Left Lower Abdomen

I have had pain in my lower left abdomen for approximately 2 weeks now, sometimes a dull ache, sometimes sharp. I d...

Unbareable gas smell whe i pass gas

I have gas frequently every day but the problem is that the smell that comes out is unbareable i really think someth...

Stomach gas problems.

I have acid reflux, anxiety, and I have been told I have a hydel hernia. Latly I have been having stomach gas trickl...

Excess gut gas

I have had a problem for many years now regarding gas in my stomach, which has made my life miserable. I usually hav...

Gas Problem

I am suffering from farting problem from two weeks onwards.I will consume food only three times in a day(Tiffin,Lunc...

Abdominal pain. Gas or something serious

Hi, I have been having constant dull ache like cramp in the periumbilical region. Maybe about 2 inches left but in ...

When to seek medical help in acute gastroenteritis

Since saturday (3/27) I have been very gasy and have had some nausea. I have also had loose bowel movements as well...

Gas problem and Flatulence: Causes and Treatment.

How can i get rid from farting ? I avoid everything cause gas problem, but still I have problem of farting ? speci...

Everytime I Eat I Get Severe Pain In Abdomen an...

Everytime i eat something i get severe pain in abdomen and a bloated feeling and gas and it gets worse everytime. tr...

Post Your Thoughts