Question :

Everytime I Eat I Get Severe Pain In Abdomen and Bloating

Everytime i eat something i get severe pain in abdomen and a bloated feeling and gas and it gets worse everytime. tried different gas pills but they dont help

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your concern about the continuous pain and flatulence that you feel after eating regularly. Normally, excessive gas is caused by swallowed air and normal breakdown of certain undigested foods by harmless bacteria naturally present in the colon.
Eating or drinking rapidly, chewing gum, smoking could cause air to go inside our stomach in more quantity than usual causing the problem. Sometimes the body does not digest and absorb some carbohydrates the sugar, starches, and fiber found in many foods in the small intestine because of a shortage or absence of certain enzymes that aid digestion, then they pass to the colon where the normal bacteria found thereĀ  produce gas.
This gas distends your gastrointestinal tract causing pain, bloating and other symptoms. I recommend you to start with decreasing the amounts of carbohydrates, lactose containing products, starches. If you feel gassy, you could add warm fluids to the medication that you are taking to help eliminate them. If you continue with this problem, it would be recommended to consult your physician for detailed study to rule out other causes such as an enzyme deficiency. I wish you a prompt recovery.

Questions related to Gas

Stomach/Intestinal issues

Three weeks ago, I developed a problem with gas and bloating in my stomach. I was told it was lactose intolerance, b...

Burping a lot after eating anything

I burp a lot after eating anything. I take omeprazole 20mg. My abdominal ultrasound is normal and my complete blo...

Feces smell

Hi, I've been smelling like feces for about a year now, I'm a clean guy, drink alot of soda, I don't move alot. I don...

What to do if I have pain near Heart, Stomach w...

I am facing gas problem (according to me). I suddenly get pain in my stomach (in too much but I can feel that). Pai...

Had tablet while consuming alcohol with empty s...

I had a painkiller for tooth ache while I'm consuming alcohol with empty stomach. I feel lot of acidity in my stomach...

Increased foul smelling gas - will colon cleans...

Ive been extremely flatulent for the past month or so. Alot more then usual and it smells pretty bad. I havent been ...

Constant nausea for 7 days

Ive been very sick for 7 whole days, i feel like im going to puke but i cannot puke it just feels like it is in my t...

Help with Gas pains at night.

For the past two nights, I have been awakened by a sharp pain on my (very) low left side. It lasts for about 3 hours...

How do I manage Flatulence?

Pls what should i take for often flatulence

What can i do for my gas problems?

Everytime i eat luch at school and i go to class i sit and my stomach starts hurting and i have alot of gas, i go to...

Is This Plain Gas or Acid Reflux?

Hi there, in the past, I've had acid reflux (about a year ago - heartburn 3 - 4 times a week). I took a two week cou...

Dull Pain in Left Lower Abdomen

I have had pain in my lower left abdomen for approximately 2 weeks now, sometimes a dull ache, sometimes sharp. I d...

Constant Gas and Incomplete Bowel Movements

For the past 2 weeks I have been having a constant flow of gas. I really notice it most when I sit down. It feels li...

Unbareable gas smell whe i pass gas

I have gas frequently every day but the problem is that the smell that comes out is unbareable i really think someth...

Stomach gas problems.

I have acid reflux, anxiety, and I have been told I have a hydel hernia. Latly I have been having stomach gas trickl...

Excess gut gas

I have had a problem for many years now regarding gas in my stomach, which has made my life miserable. I usually hav...

Gas Problem

I am suffering from farting problem from two weeks onwards.I will consume food only three times in a day(Tiffin,Lunc...

Abdominal pain. Gas or something serious

Hi, I have been having constant dull ache like cramp in the periumbilical region. Maybe about 2 inches left but in ...

When to seek medical help in acute gastroenteritis

Since saturday (3/27) I have been very gasy and have had some nausea. I have also had loose bowel movements as well...

Gas problem and Flatulence: Causes and Treatment.

How can i get rid from farting ? I avoid everything cause gas problem, but still I have problem of farting ? speci...

Post Your Thoughts

Patient Comments

Guest Says: I don't get gas or swelling it just pain everytime I eat or drink and now my tummy hurts when I walk . This really has not help me out learning about whats going on