Question :

Pain after endoscopy

Had an endoscopy yesterday and since have been suffering with pain in my chest, it gets worse when i drink or eat, was in tears this morning eating toast. was given omeprazole 20mg which i have to take 2 a day. my hospital have rang me today (procedure done privately) to see if im ok , i explained and i can ring at any time and the y will get in touch with the doctor. should i do this or will this go?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I realize how concerned you are about your symptom. After upper GI endoscopy, patients may feel bloated or nauseated. You may also have a sore throat, which can stay for a day or two. And will likely feel tired and should plan to rest for the remainder of the day. Unless otherwise directed, you may immediately resume their normal diet and medications.
Chest pain might also be felt after this procedure, remember that gas is introduced into your intestines to increase the visibility and some volume might remain inside until your body release it, however if the chest pain worsens it is mandatory that you contact your physician. I wish you the best.

Questions related to Gastritis

GI Question

I had a HIDA Scan and also drank an Ensure during the test.. Can the CCK Contrast give you severe pain and diarrhea...

Recent onset alcohol intolerance

27 yr female. History of asthma and PCOS. I am having intolerance to alcohol of recent onset. I am a very light drink...

Is this gastritis?

Can I drink after a week of no symptoms of gastritis? I only had stomach pain for one day total, and my doctor just d...

Functional Dyspepsia

I have been suffering from functional dyspepsia since June of 2013. I had this weird sour taste in my mouth that rema...

Fatty liver? Abdominal Pain Associated with Eat...

I already have a peptic ulcer which I have had since the beginning of February, and take Lansoprazole and ant acids....

Are these symptoms due to IBS or something else?

My husband and I spent a week at the Cleveland Clinic last week trying to get answers to a 7 year old condition he h...

Vomitting Blood after binge drinking

I had a bad hangover after drinking heavily last night wish ledup to me throwing up. I threwup first time all that I...

Taking Miralax with Prevpac?

Can I take Miralax while taking Prevpac for h. pylori?

Severe Stomach Ache, Do I Need A Colonoscopy?

I GET A SEVERE STOMACH ACHE EVERY NOW AND THEN (ONCE A WEEK OR EVERY TWO WEEKS). IS IS SO SEVERE THAT I CANNOT FUNC...

Sluggish liver and gastric problem

Hi Doctor, I have a severe problem of gastric, I have been told that I have sluggish liver problem as well. Whatever...

Effects of IV antibiotics - Clostridium diffici...

My husband has been discharged from hospital after Endocarditis was diagnosed, following a cardiac arrest. He has fi...

GI problem and generalised abdominal pain

I have gastritis, esophogitis, and duodentis, constipation, complex cyst on left ovary just developed from last surg...

Gastritis and its treatment

Over the last 8 months I have been suffering with chest pains, flatulence and general feeling of bloated belly. Not ...

Black stool, vomitting with a history of drinki...

My stool is black. i was drinking the other night (Jim Beam) and i awoke the next day constipated, with black colore...

Urgent!! Bloody diarrhea due to Internal Bleedi...

I'm 14 and I'm really scaredd that I could have internal bleeding going on in my GI tract. I've had dirraheafor the ...

Common Causes of Black Stools

For 4 days I am taking the medicine FESOVIT, then I have noticed black stool. Is it because of my medicined or somet...

Crohn's Disease or something else?

My son has been having bad upper stomache pain and diarriha. The stomache pain has been going on for about a month b...

Gelatinous gastritis and pain under the left sh...

Hi! I have recently started to experience a persistent pain under my left breast - usually in the mornings, after I ...

Helicobacter pylori: Peptic ulcrer disease

I am traveling to Slovakia(from the US) and staying with a friend who has just tested positive for Helicobacter pylo...

Gastritis Or Kidney Problem?

Hey i've a had a pain in my stomach area and it goes into my back. It makes it 10 times worse when i eat so i tend n...

Helicobacter Pylori eradication

My Mother was facing an Upper Abdominal Pain since few years. We have done the Endoscopy and it is clear that H-Pylo...

Erosive gastritis

I recently had an endoscopy done, my doctor told me I had erosive gastritis. He wasn't too clear on what it was or w...

Phentermine adverse effects on the gastrointest...

Is it okay to take phentermine if you have erosive gastritis?

Duodenum mucosal Atrophy

I have duodenal atrophy. How is this treated and what causes it?

Anti inflamatory medication with gastritits

I have gastitis and i am not suppossed to take anti inflamatory drugs but i have a swollen knee. Is there any anti i...

Upper Abdominal Pain

Within 3 to 4 hrs after I eat, my upper middle part of my stomach burns, hurts, feels nauseated, I continuously burp...

What to avoid in Peptic ulcer disease

My stomach ache since yesterday, what medicine should i take? i think it is my ulcer should i take the same medicine...

When to See Your Doctor About Your Bowel Movements

Hello, I have had thin pencil like bowel movements, mucusy like bowel movements, and lower back pain. should I be ...

Acute pain in lower abdomen triggered by bowel ...

Hi, Im a 23 year old otherwise healthy woman. A few days ago I started to experience severe sharp/cramping pain in ...

Post Your Thoughts