Question :

Gastric mucosal abnormality characterized by erythema

I just had an upper GI and was diagnosed with gastric mucosal abnormaility characterized by erythema. A biopsy was taken at the same time and I am waiting for the results. I was wondering if you could eplain to me what this is.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your concern about the endoscopy observation. The result that you have from the endoscopy is the description that the doctor made while observing the mucosa, but you dont specify if its form the esophagus, stomach or intestines. I think that the report is describing findings in the bowels.Due to the report, I could only state that any pathology that causes inflammation of the mucosa could be present. That can range from a simple Gastritis to a more complex pathology such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Certainly the only way to rule out the exact diagnosis is to wait for the pathology report. In the meantime avoid alcohol, spicy foods, smoking, and drink plenty of fluids.

Questions related to Gastroenteritis

Should I be sick? Was told I had mild-moderate...

I have had an upper EUS and it showed mild-moderate chronic pancreatitis in the entire pancreas. I have no symptoms ...

Hands and feet itching, constant.

What can I do for itching hands and feet? It's constant, and interferes with daily tasks. I'm not sure if all these s...

Random pulsating in forehead towards front righ...

For the past few weeks I have had a random pulsating in my forehead towards the front right side. Not a pulsating lik...

I am suffering from anal burning

I am suffering from anal burning.I went to doctor he did rectal examination but but he ruled out anal fissure.I am no...

Normal to be constipated this long after stomac...

Is it normal to be constipated after the stomach flu? I only had mild diarrhea that lasted a day but now it's 3 days ...

Stomach and Abdomen problems.

Please give a cure for the unusal wierd stomach and abdomen noises(not growling) I experience from only the past two...

Pain abdomen that Radiates to the Back

Hi, I am a 29 year old female who has had a burning pain in my sstomach below my breastbone and all across my abdom...

Does Blood in Stool cause Lympadenitis ?

Recently i was diagnosed with a lymphadenitis(there was a swelling on my neck straight under the ear)after a biopsy...

Am I at risk of viral gastroenterirtis?

My mom is sick with gastroenteritis and before she was sick i took a sip of her soda without realizing doesnt that m...

Treatment for Increased Flatulence

I have excessive gas most every day, no matter what i eat, even more when i take a fiber supplement ? Thank you

Grade II oesophageal varices. What is the digno...

Endoscopy findings oesophagus multiple column of grade II oesophageal varices seen at lower oesophagus Stomach eros...

Stomach pain and bloating after stomach flu

I'm in alot of pain. I was sick recently, had the stomach flu. Now my stomach is really sorry all the time and i hav...

My Daughter is vomiting for 5 days

My daughter has been vomitting for the last 5 days she has been given gravol and it seems to work but then right back...

Possible esophagus tearing?

Approx 40 hours ago I was eating french fries. I didn't chew enough and as I swallowed I had a terribly "Painful" sw...

Abdominal Discomfort, Diahrrea, Nausea and vomi...

Dear Doctors, I have had a constant issue with greenish yellow diahrrea, abdominal pain,vomiting, and nausea for 3...

How to lower my SGPT liver enzymes urgently

Urgent please. i want to lower the SGPT level. i did blood tests for an embassy because i want to travel for work, ...

Vomiting, fever, chills and extreme nausea.

I have been very sick for a good two and a half weeks my pains are vomitting, fever, chills, and extreme nausea now ...

Pain from gastritis and endoscope

My 16 Year old daughter has been suffering with stomach pain. Dr did endoscopy, showed gastritis. And put her on bla...

Esophagus pain and black stools.

Extrem stabbing pain in esophagus when swollowing for about 3 weeks. No acid reflux. Having black stools last 2 days.

Black coloured stool and hemorrhoids

I recently had diahrea for a few days and towards the end it caused my hemmorhoids to really flare up. since then my...

Pain in my upper quadrant

I have been having pain in my upper quadrant and I have seen 2 doctors one told me I have acid reflux and the other ...

Three year old son won't eat after a gastroente...

My Son is recovering from gastroenteritis, but he is over the worst now vomiting has completely stopped and diarrhea...

Most Common Symptoms of Stomach Flu

What are the most common signs of the stomach flu and virus?? could it possibably turn into a life threatening condi...

Chronic mesenteric adenitis

My 11 year old daughter has been diagnosed with chronic mesenteric adenitis with multiple CT scans approximately one...

Pain after endoscopy

My mom has an endoscopy this past week and she has been having severe pain from upper stomach up to her throat. She...

Post Your Thoughts