Weather Migraines

Dear Ask The Doctor:  I am a 30 year old female migraine sufferer. I have noticed over the last 5 years or so that barometric pressure changes are very often triggering migraine attacks for me. Is there any method of prevention known to help???

Dear Patient:  Well, in the medical literature is not described the barometric pressure as a trigger for migraines, but: foods (MSG, wine, aged cheeses, chocolate), lack of sleep, excessive stress, changes in the blood flow pattern of the brain, hormonal factors. Regarding of prevention you could do the following: try not to eat foods with MSG, cheeses (especially aged), wine and chocolate; try to have frequent breaks at work, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, do not skip meals, get a good night sleep, drink enough water during the day so you keep hydrated, exercise regular and consistently.

Please login or signup to post comments!

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for