Question :

Sudden Headache and Out of Breath

I'm a 24 yr old female that's a pretty seasoned runner, if I didn't have time crunches most days I could run for an hour and a half (7-9 miles) without stopping, but today after 2 miles I was having alot of trouble catching my breath and suddenly had the worst headache, like my brain was being squeezed. It's probably nothing, but I just wanted to make sure because I've never had any trouble like this doing cardio or lifting weights.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
By far the most common cause of a pressure or squeezing type of headache is the tension-type headache (TTH) and usually occurs without changing much in intensity or limiting daily activity and is not associated with serious disease. But cases where it is associated with vomiting are concerning and should require immediate medical attention.

Questions related to Headaches

Pressure and pain on head and rib pain

Hi, For a while now i had this weird feeling that something is wrong and i just wanted to consult : 1. When pressi...

Tension Headaches at work?

Why do I get tension headaches at work? I wear glasses and it should be fine...Please advise

Could my glasses be causing my headaches?

Why do I always get tension headaches at work? I have a good chair and a good computer stand? Any help would be great...

Pain in both sides of neck

I haven't been feeling well for about 2 weeks now. I just had a root canal which I thought was causing all of my pain...

I experienced head popping with severe pain, ye...

I had a head popping sensation yesterday while having sex, I was very tense right before it happened. It was a severe...

Flu, fiver, cough and headache

Hello Doc. since last night i have had fiver, cough and headache, and also i feel very tired. Could you tell me what ...

headache won't go away

I have had a persistent headache for a week, it is there all day. It is a burning pain in my eyes and nose, and under...

headache after injury

I hit my head yesterday and today I woke up with a headache. Should I seek medical attention?

Pain behind right ear

Hi there. I've been experiencing headaches and sore-type pain in the bone behind my right ear for a few months. It is...

Headache after spinal tap

Hi I had a spinal tap 9 days ago which came back ok.. But since the day after the spinal tap I have had an excruciati...

Mild head ache on back head

I got home from soccer practice, it was really humid, hot, cloudy & when I got home, back of my head started to h...

Major Pain in head

I have a major headache that is causing extremely painful eye pain what does this mean and how do I get rid of it?

Constant Headache and Sensitive to Touch

Dear all, I started having a constant headache 2 days ago. Today, my headache is still around, with an addition of...

spinal headache??

i have a really bad headache, which gets so bad that i zone out and almost faint. the headache worsen when im either ...

Headache after fall

2 days ago, during a sprint, I became dizzy, started to walk, then passed out and fell, hitting my head. I had no lo...

Hit head against wall

Hi, i hit my head against the wall real hard but there was no bump but only sore to touch, and it was a week ago. So ...

bad bad headaches

My sister in law has been having pain on the right side if the back of her head for the last 3 year.she had an opera...

Headaches and possible Neurological symptoms

for the past 6 weeks i have been experiencing headaches and dizziness and a constant buzzing sensation in my left foo...

Boyfriend having bad heart pains

Hi my boyfriend is 25 he is having bad heart p ains and can t move and hurts when exhale and he has a heache what co...

Tilting head causing head pain

I hit my head about a month ago, and i feel fine most of the time. However when i tilt my head that one area where i ...

constant pressure headache for more than 6 months.

My boyfriend and I have both been having extremely bad headaches for more than 6 months. No doctors have given us ans...

Slight Headache for a week?

Why do I have a slight headache for a week even though I have suffered no injuries to my head? I'm not sure if I'm i...

Strong Headache after car door slam

Whenever I'm in the car and if someone closes the door very hard, the vibration of the door slam goes directly to my ...

Gastrointestinal or head

I have been experiencing recurring episodes of severe vomiting and nausea with associated fever, headache with photop...

Hit head on corner of tv stand

I hit my head earlier this morning rather hard on the corner of our tv stand. It's slightly swollen but no bruising. ...

Persistent headache after very heavy lifting

I have had a persistent headache in the front of my head for 14 days.My blood pressure was normal as well as my heart...

Severe Headache which vanishes with the day light

I have a Severe headache in the morning since January, but now it's getting worse. It's painful only in the morning.....

Causes of a headache

I been having bad headache 3 times a day for 3 weeks on n off what could be causing this to happen

Throbbing pains inside of my ear and near temple

Over the years my teeth have gotten really bad and I think it is causing infection, I'm getting really bad pains thro...

headache most of the time near eye

having headache near the eyebrows for most of the time since 5-6yrs. now its increasing day by day.

very short, very painful pain in left side of head

I have short headaches - maybe 30 seconds to a minute in the left side of my head, a bit farther back from my temple....

Every time I get up I get head spins and everyt...

Every time I get up I get head spins and everything goes black and it lasts for 3-5 minutes every time and loosing ...

Headache on my left frontal after a nap

Everytime i wake up from nap i get headache on my left frontal and my left eye start to hurt at same time.. When my h...

BP at home and it came out to be 95/55 causing ...

I was feeling heavy headed and dizzy for last 2 days. It seemed as if someone is banging my head from inside.. Along ...

headaches-concussion

i have had these headaches for a while now. and they are very frequent and i they only stay for about 2 hours and its...

headaches

i have a very bad headache its making me dizzy and im vomiting im weak and my eyes hurt my eyes site is blurred whats...

On and off headache for 2 months

I've been having an on and off headache for the past 2 months. Is this something to worry about?

Are my symptoms related to my TMJ disorder

6 months ago i was diagnosed with TMJ after suffering from jaw dysfunction and pain along with headaches near the tem...

Short Painful Headaches

HI, i fell about 2 weeks ago and hit my chin quite hard. However, i never noticed the bump i had on my head near my l...

headache on left side of head and throbbing beh...

I have been very fatigued the past 4 days along with a headache on my left side of my head behind my ear that is off ...

serious headache problems

I'm 17 years old, im average height and weight. I have asthma and I take anti-anxiety medicine. Here's where my pro...

Constant Headache

I have had a headache for 3 straight days now. It it mostly centered right near my forehead. The only time I have rel...

constant headaches

Been experiencing severe chronic headaches for months. Symptoms including, extreme pressure in temples back of head, ...

headache with onesided facial numbness and eye ...

2nd trimester pregnant, left eye pressure/itchy/watery developed into temple, base of skull, neck ache/stiff. later m...

Headache, swollen glands

I have had a daily headache for about 25 days. I also have ear and jaw pain. I have a swollen gland under my left ear...

headaches with diarrhea and abdominal pain

I have really bad headaches along with diarrhea and some really strong abdominal pain. What can this be?

Daily headaches Late Afternoons or Evenings

I have been getting a headace everday in the late afternoon or evening for three weeks. It is in my temples and for...

Sudden severe headache during sex

I recently discovered that I am having small seizures and have also suffered from migraines most of my life. I rece...

Pressure in Temple and Head

I have been getting pressure like feeling in my forhead and temples, mainly left temple for 4 days. its like a head ...

Sudden headache in Back of Head.

I just a headache in the back of my head that came on so quick maybe a minute. It moved to the front after a few mi...

Post Your Thoughts