Question :

Persistent headache, reduced appetite and weight loss

Hi doctor(s) good evening. I m siddharth here from India and want to ask you a question. My mother has been suffering from a constant headache for 21 years now and there has been area that is left untouched. ( I mean Halopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda). There seems to be no problem with her blood tests, which many doctors here confirmed to be normal. Recently she has lost about 10-15 kgs and her diet has reduced drastically. She keeps complaining of this headache everyday and she doesn't get hungry so easily. We live in Mumbai where its worse. Some colder and less polluted places suit her in terms of headache. For example in Pune, when we lived for a month she got the headache on very few occasions. Apart from mumbai, in places like chennai she gets headache when she too much of work or when she doeesn't have her food on time, whenever she gets hungry. Is there any solution to this persistent problem. Our family is quiet regarding her health and I do not know if it can get any worse. I request you to come up with some suggestion.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Your mother’s headache seems to be associated with excessive stress that she may be feeling in crowded cities like Mumbai. This may also be the cause for her reduced appetite and weight loss. Change to a less crowded area of residence may help. She may also perform yoga and meditation for relaxation and a healthy body and mind. Daily morning or evening walks may also help.

Questions related to Headaches

Intense, sharp, piercing temple pain

Periodically, I get a sharp, intense, piercing pain in my temple (not always same side). It lasts anywhere from arou...

I have dents in my head after a head trauma

About 2 months ago, I was accidentally slammed into a wooden door. My forehead smacked into it pretty hard, and ever ...

Pressure and pain on head and rib pain

Hi, For a while now i had this weird feeling that something is wrong and i just wanted to consult : 1. When pressi...

Tension Headaches at work?

Why do I get tension headaches at work? I wear glasses and it should be fine...Please advise

Could my glasses be causing my headaches?

Why do I always get tension headaches at work? I have a good chair and a good computer stand? Any help would be great...

Pain in both sides of neck

I haven't been feeling well for about 2 weeks now. I just had a root canal which I thought was causing all of my pain...

I experienced head popping with severe pain, ye...

I had a head popping sensation yesterday while having sex, I was very tense right before it happened. It was a severe...

Flu, fiver, cough and headache

Hello Doc. since last night i have had fiver, cough and headache, and also i feel very tired. Could you tell me what ...

headache won't go away

I have had a persistent headache for a week, it is there all day. It is a burning pain in my eyes and nose, and under...

headache after injury

I hit my head yesterday and today I woke up with a headache. Should I seek medical attention?

Pain behind right ear

Hi there. I've been experiencing headaches and sore-type pain in the bone behind my right ear for a few months. It is...

Headache after spinal tap

Hi I had a spinal tap 9 days ago which came back ok.. But since the day after the spinal tap I have had an excruciati...

Mild head ache on back head

I got home from soccer practice, it was really humid, hot, cloudy & when I got home, back of my head started to h...

Major Pain in head

I have a major headache that is causing extremely painful eye pain what does this mean and how do I get rid of it?

Constant Headache and Sensitive to Touch

Dear all, I started having a constant headache 2 days ago. Today, my headache is still around, with an addition of...

spinal headache??

i have a really bad headache, which gets so bad that i zone out and almost faint. the headache worsen when im either ...

Headache after fall

2 days ago, during a sprint, I became dizzy, started to walk, then passed out and fell, hitting my head. I had no lo...

Hit head against wall

Hi, i hit my head against the wall real hard but there was no bump but only sore to touch, and it was a week ago. So ...

bad bad headaches

My sister in law has been having pain on the right side if the back of her head for the last 3 year.she had an opera...

Headaches and possible Neurological symptoms

for the past 6 weeks i have been experiencing headaches and dizziness and a constant buzzing sensation in my left foo...

Boyfriend having bad heart pains

Hi my boyfriend is 25 he is having bad heart p ains and can t move and hurts when exhale and he has a heache what co...

Tilting head causing head pain

I hit my head about a month ago, and i feel fine most of the time. However when i tilt my head that one area where i ...

constant pressure headache for more than 6 months.

My boyfriend and I have both been having extremely bad headaches for more than 6 months. No doctors have given us ans...

Slight Headache for a week?

Why do I have a slight headache for a week even though I have suffered no injuries to my head? I'm not sure if I'm i...

Strong Headache after car door slam

Whenever I'm in the car and if someone closes the door very hard, the vibration of the door slam goes directly to my ...

Post Your Thoughts