Question :

Ear crackling when listening to loud music.

Hello, recently I have been experiencing crackling inside my ears. It sounded like plastic wrappers was inside my ears, crackling when I stretch my jaws wide open and even touching my ears caused them to crackle. I have been listening to loud music using my earphones and whenever I insert my ear buds into my ear, the pressure of the rubber ear buds also caused my ear to crackle. It only happens on my left ear and this is the first day I'm experiencing it. Please help me!!

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You are suffering from what is known as Eustachian tube dysfunction. The Eustachian tube is a structure that connects the inner ear to the back of the throat. Usually this tube is closed and only open in case of a higher air pressure in the middle ear. If you suffer from cold or sore throat, this tube gets blocked leading to the development of symptoms which you are experiencing. Saline nasal rinses and valsalva maneuvers may help to reduce the symptoms. I hope you find the information useful, take care.

Questions related to Hearing Loss

Nerve Damage, can it be repaired?

My father was in Vietnam, and subsequently of that, he lost a good bit of his hearing during the war. Doctors told...

Trouble hearing in the morning

Why can't I hear out of my left ear very well at all in the morning on most days?

Clogged ear and muffled sounds

My ear has been clogged for about a month now symptoms are muffled sounds lots of vibration hard to understand someo...

Tinnitus and Clogged Ear

I have full blown tinittus in my right kear my left for the past mon th on and off has been clogged the cleared up n...

Lump below the left ear

This morning I noticed that there was a lump, roughly the size of a dime, where my law bone attaches to my skull. Ma...

Will my Tinnitus resolve itself?

Hi im 21 and sine i went to a concert 5 days ago I have Tinnitus and mild pressure in my left ear. I go to a lot of ...

Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss, Caused By ...

I suffer a Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss in my left ear. When I was just a baby I got Spinal Meningitis, which...

Constant ringing noise and focus problem

Good day, I'm not sure if I'm in the right category, but here goes. I've been having a high pitched ringing in my h...

Ringing in ear caused by loud music

How do I stop this ringing in both ears caused by loud music?

Is her hearing loss genetic?

My girl friend has a nerve damage in her ear,,so she can't hear well and now she is wearing a earring microphone. so...

Ringing in My Left Ear

I'm 19 years old and last night i got this ringing in my left ear when i got home and i don't know what it is, i hop...

Can I still damage my hearing?

Hi. I damaged my hearing at a concert on November 29th. I was in the mezzanine, not near the speakers, so this is ...

Sudden Hearing Loss

Am 54 year old male. I am diabetic (under control) and take metforminn for it. Last week I felt ear pressuere in my ...

Can prolonged Ipod use cause Ear problems?

Are the any studies that suggest prolonged Ipod use, even at normal volumes cause hearing loss or other ear problems...

Surgery for Otosclerosis

If you have the surgery for otosclerosis, will you ever have to have it again and also how long after you have one e...

Bleeding from the Ear

My huasband woke up this AM with quite a bit of blood draining from and still in his ear canal. He is not in pain, ...

Loud music and hearing loss

I always take care of my ears. I am always careful to keep my music at a safe volume and avoid things like concerts...

Hearing aids

If hearing is lost in one ear, due to injury and the other ear hearing has been lost due to aging, do both ears need...

Options For Tinnitus Treatment

What can I do to reduce the noises in my ears? I have tinnitus and the Drs. can't do anything ...I also have some he...

Hearing Loss after Inserting Foreign Object in Ear

Hi, I'm a 20 year old male who is overall in good health. Recently, I was scratching my ear (both of them) as there ...

Post Your Thoughts