Question :

Low blood pressure High heart rate: Should I worry?

I am a 22 year old female who excersizes on a regular basis. I have low blood pressure and a resting heart rate of 108 beats per minute. What would be the cause of this and is it a concern?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I do not think that this is a cause of concern unless you are getting symptoms like dizziness, heart racing , loss of consiousnees etc. Som individuals have naturally low blood pressure which is normal for them . Thus continue to exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle do not worry about the low bp.

Questions related to Heart Health

Abnormal Heart beat rise at great speed

Hello..doctor!!! Good morning :) I am Santosh , male , 21 years old. Since one and half year, I see that my heartbe...

Sudden decrease in heart rate

My heart rate has gone down by 15-20 BPMs almost overnight, what could be going on? My heart rate has always been on ...

Heart Rate Concers about SSS?

I've always been concerned about my health as I suffer from bad anxiety and around 2/3 months ago I had some tests do...

Severe lower jaw pain

Doctor, I was woken up at 3 am by increasing pain in my jaw, that I had never experienced before. I have been very s...

Heart and headaches medications

Topmax and Maxalt My question is with my EKG being, can these medications cause further changes? sinus rhythm (sl...

Congenital Heart Defect Question

My daughter is 19 months old and was born full term. She has a 3mm Patent ductus arteriosus. Is that considered large?

EKG results but treated for headaches

I had a heart attack October 2013. It was not detected for 3 weeks. I had severe headaches , jaw pain nausea with my...

Heart Damage is it nor no Damage

Nuclear Imaging Nuclear Imaging show a very minimal residual area of anterior ischemia, but a marked improvement co...

24 hour Holter result

Hi. Im a 22 years old girl. I just got my 24 hours ekg holter results and i have a few days before i can go back to m...

Heart Health

Agatston score of 0.5, bp 120-130/80-90, overweight, Stress Echo results: Abnormal exercise stress ECG at 9.1 mets; N...

My heart rate

hello im a 30/f, my heart rate was going from 47 bpm to 147 bpm in secands, then a few hours latter i got verry cold ...

heart problems?

I am 19 years old male and weigh about 240 pounds. My average resting heart rate is 115 bpm. Is this something I shou...

Looking into having ablation surgery

Looking into having ablations surgery. I have a mechanical mitral valve, congested heart failure and afib and have be...

Post heart attack

I have a question in regards to post heart attack care. When is it safe to to return to normal exercise? And is nusal...

I am afraid that I am getting a heart attack

Hello doctor. I am 18 years old and I am afraid that I may get a heart attack..?

How hereditary is heart disease?

My husband has had a heart attack and a cardiac arrest at the age of 31. He did not have high blood pressure or chole...

trouble breathing in asthma patient

Hello my name is Paige I have having trouble breathing I have asthma I have had a inhaler but what's going on it hasn...

EKG

sinus rhythm (slow) vertical axis minor right-precordial repolarization disturbance, consider feminine pattern sm...

Worried about my heart health

Hello I am 17 years old and worried about my heart health. I think it may be anxiety but I'm not sure and hopping you...

Consistant heart palpitations & light heade...

Hello. I am 27 years old & for the past 2 days I have been experiencing heart palpitations every few minutes. I h...

Body rocking to heartbeat

I'm 22yo female, smoker for 3 years, half pack or less a day, healthy I suppose, and I've been experiencing these sym...

Tachycardia every day, for 10 years (140+ Resti...

For the last 10 years or so (Post 20th-birthday) i've had a very high heart rate, regardless of levels of activity. I...

Pain near the heart

Hi. Whenever I think of something that gets me super emotional, I get a streak of pain that goes from my upper heart ...

Heart Pain

heart problem

My father -in - law age 52yr already had a heart surgery before 2yrs bt frm last month they are havng fever twice in ...

Heart attack symptoms each month?

I am 26 years old and very fit and active and otherwise healthy, have often had a tightening of my chest and heart ra...

Sharp chest pain

What causes random sharp chest pain?

Got a shock from plugging something into wall

I got shocked plugging something in and my heart is fast and skipping alot then will just slow down alot.

Is surgery the only corrective way for these he...

Is surgery the only corrective way if 1. Thickened intralobular strands with fibrosis seen in the right upper lobe, n...

Extreme heart rates and blood pressures

My heart rate is 54 when I lay down and when I stand its 116 and it stays like that the whole time I'm standing if I ...

Question about heart palpitations

Hello , i have a question about heart palpitations . I am not sure if they are heart palpitation to start with , bec...

Nurse did not clear IV tubing before inserting

I had a IV in me last week and I have been stressing. this is because the nurse did not clear the iv tubing before ...

Is my heart healthy in someone with daily palpi...

I am a 40 years old female diagnosed with BC in 2010 and had chemo, and radiation on the right side with total mastec...

Feeling like something stuck in breast

I feel like something is stuck in my chest, right between my breasts. There is alot of pain and the pain goes away an...

left arm pain

hi Dr I am a 23 year old female. Recently I have been having pain in my left arm – it is not constant, it come...

Very low amount of heart beats per minute

Very unusual number for heart beat per minute. I work in a surgery and often get the doctor to take my heart rate. It...

Anxiety or Heart problem?

Hello, I'm 15 almost 16 and experiencing things I'd like some knowledge on. To start off, both of my parents coincide...

Left Atrial Enlargement Borderline ECG

I am 39 years old, male. Recently I went for a regular check up for my health. My BP was 130/95, Dr. prescribed Telam...

Mom suffers from COPD, CHF and arrhythmia

My mom is 73. She suffers from COPD and CHF. Never smoked. She recently had her mitral valve and aortic valve replace...

Can skipped heart beats come from anxiety?

Hi i am a 19 year old man and have been having a sensation of my heart skipping beats since i was about 16. I do have...

Is it safe to do a Angiography on a 92 year old...

Hi. This is Pradeep. My Grandfather is 92 years and a week ago he had a mild heart attack - myocardial infarction. Hi...

chest pain for 6 months now and lately it has b...

Hi I have been getting chest pain for 6 months now and lately it has been getting worse I know feel the pain in my le...

Chest and back pain for over 1.5 years

Hi. I am a 15 year old boy, i have been having some health problem for some time now, let me say for 1.5 years. I nor...

Out of breath when on treadmill, is this form T...

Tachycardia, echo stress test I am a female aged 26, and I have had a high resting heart rate (tachycardia) for arou...

Chest pain and Troponin level correlation

hey doc...my mother is a diabetic since last 5 years...she has normal cholesterol and bp...no other respiratory probl...

Temporary loss of vision and swollen face

What does this episode sound like? I am a 25 year old female 16 weeks pregnant. Yesterday for about 30 minutes my v...

Blood Pressure increases when I sit for extende...

When I sit for a couple of hours in my recliner with my feet up, my blood pressure rises from it's norm of 125/65 to ...

EKG in 34 year old with anxiety and panic disorder

I am a 34 year old female that suffers with anxiety, worry and panic disorder. I have been having palpitations and fa...

Heart, low blood pressure and family history

I am a male one month short of 60 years old. History of heart disease in my family, 4 heart attacks related to over a...

what is the meaning of treadmill test positive ...

i am an heart patient..what is the meaning of treadmill test positive for reversible ischemia I am 59yrs male,exe...

Post Your Thoughts