Question :

Rectal bleeding for almost three weeks, Help

I have always experienced blood in stool ever 5-6 months for about a week for the past 5 years. It usually does correlate with lack of water, but not always. Anyways recently I have had blood in stool on and off for the past 3 weeks. It is extremely annoying and worrying for me even though it is bright red blood. I have no idea what it causing this, I am drinking around 80oz or more of water a day (weigh 185lbs) and eat a lot of fiber. It seems to correlate with whenever I eat a certain type of rice (it is thoroughly cooked), I dont know if some types of rice can worsen this situation. Anyway, why does it never go away? Why do i have it and many others dont? What can I do to treat this one I am experiencing now, it just doesnt seem to want to go away? I am only 17, if that is any help. It is just so weird for someone my age to experience this. Blood is on the stool and on the toilet paper when i wipe. I assume it is hemorrhoids based on my research, but can never be sure

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Bright red blood on the stool is likely due to hemorrhoids, which are usually caused by constipation or straining due to hard stools. You may try some stool softener to avoid straining, as well as include lots of green vegetables and fruits in your diet. 8 to 10 glasses of water intake and routine exercise may help solve the problem. You might as well see your family doctor to rule out any other cause of bleeding such as fissure, infection etc. Make sure to keep the area clean. Following examination your doctor may suggest other options for the treatment of hemorrhoids suitable in your case.

Questions related to Hemorrhoids

Leaking Stool after each bowel movements.

Why do i have leaking stool after each time i used the toilet?

Occasional dark blood after bowel movement ... ...

Hello, for the past several years I have noticed some blood when evacuating my bowels and have assumed it is from hem...

Soft lumps on anus hemorrhoids or something else?

About a year ago I had what I believed to be a hemorrhoid that bled badly for a couple of days. It was quite painful ...

Possible hemmorhoids?

Hi, my name is Patrick and I am 21. I believe I may have hemorrhoids. last winter in December or January I had bloo...

Hard bump underneath skin on buttock

I have found a small bump on my buttock with a hard nodule beneath it, what could this be?

Anus pain

Hi, I am a 27 yr old female and have recently been suffering with pain during passing my stools.There is severe pain...

Pain in anus as I have external hemorrhoids

I have external hemorrhoids. And one day there was a shooting pain inside. so I did a normal check by inserting my fi...

Small lump in anal region, is this haemorrhoids?

Hi my names Shelley I'm 19 and 5'9 I've been experiencing some problems with my rectal area. I first experienced some...

Are these Hemorrhoids? Blood in stool.

I have been having very painful, bloody bowel movements for a while now. My stools are usually soft and normal in col...

Post Pile Surgery Possible Infection

I have had a diagnosed thrombosed external pile. I have had surgery on it. I feel some slight, but not extreme itchin...

Ongoing painful haemorrhoids

I've had hemorrhoids now for about 4 months, only one of which is external. I've tried a number of creams but nothing...

Hemorrhoids itching with fluids

Hello, i am 23 years old. male. i have hemorrhoids(piles) for the last 6-7 years. when the symptoms first occurred, i...

Constant light Red Blood in Stool. Is it Hemorr...

What could it mean if you have constant light red blood in your stool?

Treatment of Hemorrhoids using Suppositories

Hi, I have a Hemorrhoids and a doctor saw it about a year ago, and she told me it is small and will not get bigger a...

External hemorrhoids not relieved on medication

Hi im 28yrs old male, 2 weeks ago i felt tender sitting down and upon further inspection found a small lump on the i...

painful bleeding rectum, hemorrhoids or anal fi...

Hello,over 2yrs ago i had laser procedure perfomred by my gastro to treat some minor hemorroids. during the exam it...

Bleeding external Hemmorhoid Help

I have had an external Hemmorrhoid for approximately 6 days. it started to bleed, quite heavily, 48-72 hours ago and...

Hemorroids - How to treat Itching and Inflammat...

Aside from going with what's already stated on this website how can I get rid of the rather substantial inflamation?

Should I avoid going to gym if I have Hemorrhoid?

Can I still go to the gym if I have a haemorrhoid

Lump near Anus - could it be due to cancer?

A few days ago, I felt a little bump near my anus while cleaning myself. It is of the size of a pea. It does not hur...

Blood in my stools with lot of pain

I hav blood in my stool and a lot of pain

Excessive skin left from hemorrhoids

I have extra skin left outside the anus from past hemorrhoids. Is it safe for me to band them in order to get rid o...

Bloodly Bowel Movement

Never had this problem before. Had bowel movment this morning and toilet water was red with blood. Had to strain som...

Surgery for hemorrhiod with plavix and aspirin

My mother has Hemorrhoids and doctors say that she has to make surgery but on same time she is using plavix twice a...

Anal fissure

Hello I have been having problems I believe with a fissure at my rectum it has been really bothersome and I have bee...

Post Your Thoughts