Pimple near vagina

Dear Ask The Doctor:  I have a small what appears to look like a pimple between my vagina and anal area towards my right side. I popped it and a little pus came out. It now looks like now there is a small open were the pus had come out. It doesnt really hurt when I touch it but none the less i am still worried if it might be herpes. I have had pimple like bumps before but it was due to ingrown hairs and never close to my vagina. I am sure that your answer is going to be consult with a doctor but I dont have insurance anymore so i really dont want to go to him if unless its a major concern. Should I just wait a few days to see what develops of this or are there any symptoms that can distinguish between the two? 

Dear Patient:  Surely it would be better to directly examine the lesion to obtain a more exact diagnosis. But there are some characteristics that could distinguish Herpes from other lesions. The initial symptom of genital herpes usually is pain or itching, beginning within a few weeks after exposure to an infected sexual partner. After several days, small red bumps may appear. They then rupture, becoming ulcers that ooze or bleed. Eventually, scabs form and the ulcers heal. Women sores can erupt in the vaginal area, external genitals, buttocks, anus or cervix.Since the lesion that you have does not cause pain and contains purulent liquid instead of clear, it might be something else besides Herpes. I would suggest you to clean the area and wait until the lesion heal. Once again, it could be a Furuncle which is an infection of the hair follicle. If you develop fever, pain in the area or inflammation you might want to consider consulting your primary care physician. I wish you a prompt recovery.

Please login or signup to post comments!

SEARCH: