Question :

Any alternative for Benicar HCT?

Is there a good alternative to Benicar HCT? It works well for me but is so expensive. I was on another drug before this but it had horrible coughing as a side effect. BenicarHCT has given me no side effects. Can you give me some leads or suggestions please?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There is no alternative available for Benicar HCT at this time, since it has patent until 2016 and no other generic form of this medication would be available in the market until the patent expires. The only option is to talk to your doctor about switching over to other blood pressure medication with similar results and fewer side effects.

Questions related to High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure of 156 over 105

My blood pressure is 156 over 105 is that dangerous?

Sharp pains in stomach, woke up not able to fee...

Hi, about an hour before I had gone to sleep I had intense acute pain in my lower abdomen. It felt like sharp knives ...

Is it ok to take all these high pressure medica...

77 yr old hispanic female, weight 186 with high blood pressure. Should she be taking in the morning: Toprol XL 200 mg...

Sudden fall in blood pressure

My Blood Pressure is in the range of 150/85 in early morning (6:00 AM), but it falls almost rapidly to 120/70 between...

High blood pressure

I'm 20 years old and have a headache am dizzy, nauseous, and have a blood pressure of 159/89.

Protein in Urine

I had a physical exam and today I went to my doctor and she said I had protein in my urine but I had my monthly when ...

High bp

Do i need to see a doctor for high blood pressure. 85+ return Or can i just let it go down on its own?

Dry mouth and night and other symptoms

I have been having a dry mouth at night, and I seem to be weaker. I have been on Enalapril Maleate and Hydrochlorothi...

Bruising while taking blood pressure

I bruised myself checking my blood pressure with the cuff. is this ok? and can I check it again without damaging my a...

High Blood Pressure symptoms?

what are high blood pressure symthoms

Bp 172/121. Is this a health risk?

I am monitoring my bp at home because my GP is concerned I may have high blood pressure and today I have a reading of...

doppler ultrasound

My name is Sonam verma and i am 22 years old.I have a High blood pressure problem and also doctor has said that my ki...

High Blood pressure ...oscillating...

My Blood pressure is 152/89 with a pulse of 71....is this bad?

What are normal blood pressure levels?

Is this alarming? My blood pressure has been this the past 3 days: Friday- 153/98 HR 105 Saturday - 148/113 HR 12...

may I stop consuming amlopres-5

I am 74 years old and has hypertension Taking medicine amlopres-5 since 3 yrs Now from 15 days my blood pressure be...

Should blood pressure be lower when laying on y...

Should blood pressure be lower when laying on your side? When I lay on my back my blood pressure is 117/74 and when I...

I feel heavy and continuous pulsation but tests...

Whenever I lift my right hand, I feel heavy and continuous pulsation on it. I am on high blood pressure medicine for ...

What causes heart palpitations

Can amoxicillin cause problems such as heart palpitations? I keep feeling my heart stop and start back up again. It s...

Do I need to go to an emergency room?

I just took my blood pressure at a nearby pharmacy. The results showed my Systolic is 189, Diastolic is and Heart ...

Is it possible that i may have blood pressure d...

Hi my name is omar and I'm 17 years old yesterday me and my family visited of friends and they were showing us a el...

Swollen Ankles and Hypertension

I am on high blood pressure medication and a water pill. My ankles swell and when I take my water pill the swelling ...

Side Effects of Cozaar

I am worried about all the side effects of this drug. Is there any herbal supplements to decrease my BP without tak...

High blood pressure Medication and Calcium

I have been taking 1500mg of coral calcium along with high blood pressure medication that contains calcium channel b...

Medication switch Benicar to Diovan

Is Diovan HTC 160mg-12.5 the same dose as Benicar HTC 20-12.5 my health insurance would not cover the Benicar and sw...

Just a fever and sore throat

I am having severe pain throughtout my whole Body for the past three days it hurts when I breathe n move..

Post Your Thoughts