Question :

Hypothyroidism and Marijuana

Hello. My name is Daniel and I have had hypothyroidism since age 10 as a complication of Type 1 Diabetes. I have recently started smoking marijuana for recreational purposes, and while it seems that the marijuana doesn't affect my diabetes or thyroid problem now, I was wondering: does marijuana affect hypothyroidism in the long run? (I have researched and found that marijuana does not have a large impact on diabetics, but I was not sure about the thyroid. I take levothyroxine daily for my hypothyroidism, if it matters.)

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Our team of physicians will try and have a response to this question. In the meantime we suggest looking through our related questions in this category or using our search bar at the top of the page to look for more information.
You can also sign up and ask your question in detailed.

Questions related to Hypothyroidism

Severe untreated hypothyroidism - do I require ...

I have temporarily untreated hypothyroidism awaiting test results after doctor put me on wrong meds and TSH/Free T4 c...

hipothiroydism a and t counts

Can you have hyperthyroidism if you're t4 and t3's are o.k.

Hypothyroidism and Neuropathy

I have hand numbness in my hands, two big toes, and now my back since April. Sometimes it feels as though it is vib...

Hypothyroid and need advice

I am 24 years old and I'm hypothyroid. I take synthroid for this. Lately (the past month) I have been busy and forget...

Do I have hypothyroid?

I believe I have hypothyroid or borderline hypothyroid. Family history grandmother hyperthyroid, mother hypothyroid. ...

Skin darkening around my neck

I am 27 years old male. My height is 178.5 cm and weight is 82 kg. My skin has become dry and dark and the area aroun...

Stop taking the Levothyroxine or continue and s...

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism awhile back and was taking 75mg of levothyroxine. I stopped taking my meds about ...

Can a 19 year old female get Hypothyroidism?

Hypothyroidism

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 10 years ago and fibromyalgia about 5 years ago. My TH and T numbers are of...

Diet suggestions for hypothyroid, adrenal defic...

Hell Doctors, I'm asking this on behalf of my mother, who has several medical issues. Such as: - Diabetes, which s...

Elevated TSH level

Hello, I am a 27yo male that is 6'0'' and 160lbs. I exercise regularly and am in pretty good shape. I recently had bl...

High TSH levels in initial pregnancy

My wife is 1 month pregnant. Her TSH level is 17.44. How is it going to effect our baby?

Overdose of eltroxin, what are its side effects?

I was on the incorrect dose of eltroxin 200 MCG Levothyroxine sodium for 6 months. I should have been on 100 MCG.The...

I Have Excessive facial hair

Hi doctor, i am a female, 26 years old and suffering from hypothyroidism since i was 12, this hypothyroidism resulte...

Hypothyroid patient's bypass surgery

Hello, My 63 year old hypothyroid (TSH is at 120)aunt has been diagnosed with 2 completely blocked and 1 partially b...

Can levothyroxine cause an increase in liver en...

High liver enzymes started at 120 in may 2011 had several lab test all came back negative even all hepatitis test al...

Can my thyroid be functioning normally again

I STOPPED USING MY ELTROXIN FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR 12 MONTHS. AND SO MANY PEOPLE TELLS ME I CA...

Can hypothyroidism cause no breast growth?

I am a 14 year old girl. I have many symptoms of hypothyroidism, but have not yet seen a doctor about it. If I were ...

Thyroid replacement hormone side effects

Hi i have been taking eltroxin for 4 months now for hypothyriodism. I have been back to the doctor at the six week m...

Why Am I Having Persistent Night Sweats?

I have had very frequent night sweats for a few years now. In the last 6 months it has been 4-5 times a week averag...

Dose of Thyronorm for Hypothyroidism

Hi this is Lakshmi from Chennai, i have hypothyroidism and right now i am taking thyronorm 75 mcg, my recent report...

Early hypothyroidism - what do I do next?

I have recently been diagnosed with early hypothyroidism. My TSh levels are 5.75 and my t4 levels are 13. Is it esse...

I take fat burners while I am taking Synthroid ...

I am inquiring about taking fat burners; however, I have hypothyroidism and take a dosage of synthroid, 0.1mg, daily...

Acid Reflux Symptoms: Simple Remedies

I have been diagnosed with a slightly raised tsh level but doctor has decided on no medication at the moment.I suffe...

Hypothyroidism, alopecia:will our children inhe...

Hello Dr, I have recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (which wasn't a huge surprise as I've had a small goitr...

Post Your Thoughts