Question :

Is Metronidazole Treatment Effective For Gonorrhea?

"is VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel, 0.75%) prescribed to treat gonorrhea?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease and is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Gonorrhea is characterized by thick discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to male reproductive organs & female genital tract, gonorrhea may infect the rectum, throat, eyes, blood, skin, & joints. Gonorrhea spreads through semen or vaginal fluids during unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner. Gonorrhea is tested by either a urine test or a swab test. Adults with gonorrhea are treated with antibiotics. Early treatment is simple & effective, & involves a single dose of antibiotics. In addition, the treatment of chlamydia is also advocated. To avoid re-infection, any sexual partners should be treated too. Unfortunately metronidazole is not effective for the treatment of gonorrhea and is used if you have bacterial vaginosis. I would advise that you see your doctor for a urine or swab test and appropriate antibiotics if positive.

Questions related to Insect Bites

Spider bite infection

Hi, long story made short. i got bit by a spider a 1-2 wks ago and i can see the fang hole marks in the wound. the re...

Bug bite turned into a large 2 inch bruise afte...

I got bit by a bug (I think it was a black fly) about two days ago, when I first got the bite it did not hurt or stin...

What is this mark on my leg (possibly bite mark...

I need someone to identify this rash/ injury/bite on my skin? It is bright red and incredibly rashy with 2 individual...

Do I need a rabies shot?

This is not about an insect bite. I apologize for mislabeling but I couldn't find one for rabies, animals, etc. I'm w...

Possible poisionus spider bite?

Hello, I was visiting my familys cottage 3 days ago and got a (what i believe to be) spider bite. Day 1 it looked lik...

Got stung by yellow jacket

got stung by a yellow jacket by my eye and it keeps swelling up thursday night i got stung and now saturday it is get...

Bee, spider or tick bite?

Is this bite I got while playing golf from a spider, tick or bee? It's grown in size from a dime to a quarter in 2 days.

spider bite?

My wife thinks she hot bit by something but is unsure if she should be worried or not. She is 6 months pregnant and w...

Painted Turtle Bite

didn't have a category for "turtle bites" so i picked insect. anyway i found a turtle on the road and i pic...

Spider bite

What should I do?

Sores with puss after recent travel to Peru

I just returned from Peru and I have some bites and sores with puss pockets on them. Also the area is swollen and re...

Can a brown recluse bite cause nausea or headac...

I have a brown recluse bite on my right shin with a diameter of about 1.5 inches around the original bite. My doctor...

Flea infestation in the house with 2 kids and 5...

Hi I have fleas in my house I am 5mths pregnant and I have a 7yr old and a 9mth old daughters the fleas are bitting ...

What could this be?

My son has a small black circle on the bottom of his heal that has been there about a week. I thought it was a bloo...

Will doxycycline affect my Japanese Encephaliti...

I have just been given the first dose of my to dose Japanese Encephalitis (JE) Vaccine. When the nurse asked if I wa...

Insect Bite resulting in Possible Cellulitis

Bite from the mountains of Macae Brazil. Seems to have stopped spreading. It happened on Sunday. Red area is tigh...

Rabies from Cars

I was attacked by a cat 3 months ago,.it was our neighbor's,.and I'm not sure if it is bite or a scratch,.i washed i...

Can an insect bite or spider bite cause celluli...

My 54 year old mom had a small reddish-pink blister with a white middle on her lower left shin. It got bigger and c...

Ant bites

My son (20 months) was bit by fire ants on his foot 05/18/2010. He has three bites total and his foot did swell a sm...

Insect bite

Woke up with a bite between my toes it is red purple like a blood blister with a puss pocket on top it is very itchy...

Post Your Thoughts