Question :

Feet edema after kidney transplant

How can I relieve edema of the feet after my kidney trasplant?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your concern about feet edema. This might have been caused by your kidneys function, your doctor might need to prescribe you with diuretics, however this is not that simple.
Follow up visits with your Nephrologist are needed to evaluate your kidneys function after your transplant, blood work and urine tests are needed to rule out the exact cause and give you the appropriate treatment. I wish you the best.

Questions related to Kidney Failure

How long until 89 yr odl with complete kidney f...

How long will it take for an 89 yr old women in complete kidney failure with very little to no output, is not getting...

Am I eligible to donate kidney if on SSRI?

Hello. My name is Leanna, and I am 26 years old. My mother has been suffering with end-stage renal failure, due to a ...

kidney transplants

what other blood type can be a match for a patient with blood type A+, for kidney transplants?

Cyclosporin for treating kidney disease?

Dad was diagnosed with nephropathy and was given drug cyclosporin. After searching the drug on the internet, I found ...

Kidney Creatine High

Please see the attachment and prescribe me.

Husband is on peritoneal dialysis and I acciden...

My husband is on peritoneal dialysis and I accidentally contaminated the transfer cap. It says to notify my nurse imm...

Possible cyst on kidney and bad kidney function...

Possible cyst on kidney and bad kidney function levels.

Aviation with hydronephrosis

Hi. I am looking into flying and I am afraid that I will not be able to get a class 1 or class 2 medical to fly solo....

I had too much protein in my pee and for 2 days...

a few weeks ago i was in the hospital for kidney failur..i had to much protein in my pee..for 2 days my kidneys been ...

Mother

What symptoms would you expect to see in a nine year old male with the following lab results ? The patient, my nine ...

Am I developing Kidney Failure?

I've had bubbles in my urine for the past month, and my left kidney has been hurting for the past year or so,I don't ...

is it ok to take an additional tormeside to red...

my grandpa takes torsemide because he has kidney failure... he was supposed to be taking 2 a day and i just found out...

I'm on dialysis and having swelling from the fe...

Is it ok if a patient on hemodialysis for 3 weeks now to have an edema from feet to stomach? his dialysis was done ...

I'm on dialysis and my creatinine is really hig...

Hi, my name is Maia, 50 years old. I discovered I have Kidney failure just last year. Both kidneys affected. I'm hav...

What does a slight increase in creatinine and s...

My recent blood test results done by my endocrinologist show a slightly elevated creatinine (1.05) and a low eGFR (5...

Does Ciprofloxacin affect the creatinine levels?

WILL CIPRO AFFECT CREATININE IN LAB TESTS? BLOOD TESTS BEFORE MRI WITH CONTRAST RESULTED IN LEVEL OF 1.54! HIGH NORM...

What does a high BUN:creatinine ratio mean?

Hello, I am 42 years old. I recently got a BUN (Blood Urea-Nitrogen) level of 18 and a creatinine level of 0.6 mgpe...

Kidney failure and criteria for dialysis

58 year old male in hospital with kidney failure. wbc 45,000, creatine 87 and bun 5.4. Should he be getting dialysis?

Can I smoke a pack with Kidney failure?

Will one pack of cigarettes affect my kidneys that only function at 9%? i have not started dialisis yet because i st...

Do I have Kidney Disease?

My gfr came down from 89 to 73 in 9months. my creatinine level rose from .9 to 1.1 they found minimal amount of prot...

Albumin positive in urine analysis

I had my urine test taken today. The results showed high levels of albumin. It was analyzed to some level as albumin...

Chronic kidney disease and dialysis

My father has been a diabetic for approx. 30 yrs. he has chronic kidney disease,high blood pressure,and multiple oth...

Kidney insufficiency and hyperphosphatemia

Hello, My name is Helen. My mother has renal (kidney) insufficiency, but she do not get dialysis yet. I would like ...

Lifestyle and Diet Changes after Unilateral Nep...

Good Evening: Thank you for your reply. My friend a male 43 yr old fitness trainer was rushed to hospital with sever...

Concerned about possible kidney failure

What does it mean when you have a serum creatinine level of 1.0 and an estimated GFR of 57? I am 59 years o...

Post Your Thoughts