Question :

Kidney infection...Possible side effects?

I went to the hospital the other day because of extreme pains in my side. Turned out I have a kidney infection. They sent me home with medication. I have been on it for two days now and am now having severe headaches that are light and sound sensitive, nausea, dizziness, lightheaded, discharge, and am having very little to no urine flow even when it feels that I really have to go. So I was wondering if these are side effects to the kidney infection or to the medication and if it is important to seek medical help or will it just go away with time. Thanks for taking your time to answer this.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
A kidney infection requires prompt medical attention. Most of the symptoms that you have at the moment can be explained by your kidney infection. Nausea, vomits, discharge are commonly found in kidney infections.
I would suggest you to comply with your treatment and consult your physician if you still feel the symptoms on the next couple of days. You might need to take more potent antibiotics if your urine and blood work come back with positive results for infection.

Questions related to Kidney Infection

Serum creatinine level

My father having a serum creatinine level of 1.2 mgs/dl. He is 62 year old. is that serious?

Could I have a Kidney Infection with No Bacteria?

Is it possible to have a Kidney Infection with no bacteria in the urine culture?

question about kidney infection

I went to urgent care on Monday with intense sharp stabbing kidney pain. No other symptoms were present. They did a u...

My mother needs help

My mother is 60 yrs old and has history of rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disease, high bp, cholesterol, amongst oth...

Painful and bloody urination

I just peed blood and it was painful. I am an 18 year old girl and I am sexually active but my period isn't supposed ...

High creatinine levels with low heamoglobin levels

hi Doc, My mother 54yrs, recently suffered with fever and dehydration. Earlier she use to complain about tiredness. ...

High Protein content in urine

Protein content in the urine is 20 times more than the normal level.Kidney scan shows no problem. I have B.P under co...

Possible Kidney Disorder?

Hi there, I am looking for a second opinion. I am 22, female I don't drink alcohol, eat healthy and exercise regular...

acute flank and back pain, sudden onset

yesterday my left side right below my ribs was hurting. nothing made it better. woke uo this morning to both sides hu...

Possibly more than a UTI

I was diagnosed with a kidney infection a little over a month ago. It never fully healed so they out me back on more ...

Kidney Issue (High Blood Pressure)

HI, This is regarding my father: (His Age : 50 years) - His current Creatinine Level is 9.5 and Blood Urea Nit...

LOW GRADE FEVER AFTER 8TH DOSE OF BACTRIM DS

I am on my 8th dose of Bactrim DS for a kidney infection/UTI and am still running a low grade temp. between 99.6 and...

Sudden lower left abdominal pain

I was sitting in my chair when I started to feel sudden and intense lower left abdominal pain. I couldn't stand the p...

sepsis

I was hospitalized in October due to I had Sepsis caused by kidney infection . I'm wondering if I am getting it again...

Possible Kidney Infection, need to know if I sh...

I am 31 yrs old, and have spina bifida. Last year I had 2 kidney infections, 3 months apart. I feel as though I have ...

Medical Opinion

I consume 180 ml alcohol for the last 10-12 years (500 ml for the last 1 year). Last year I diagnosed with live swell...

Kidney pain very tired and nausea?

I've been having pain in my left lower back and pain in my left side stomach I believe its my kidneys, I have been n...

Going to the Bathroom ALOT!!!!

Whenever I go to bed, it seems like I use the bathroom every two hours. I don't drink alot of fluid before I go to b...

Thin Membrane in kidneys.

Hi doctors Recently I saw a kidney specialist after doing a series of tests and he told me I had a kidney disease...

Is a Duplicated System Common?

Hi my name is Kendra Beck and I have a question for you. I was born with a duplicated system meaning 4 kidneys and 4...

Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Women

Im a 19 year old female, who over the last 3 months been diagnosed with 4 or 5 urinary tract infections. Over the ye...

Kidney infections and recreational drugs (MDMA)

With a mild kidney infection can I take a small amount of MDMA, less than quarter of a gram?

Kidney and Urine - Pain left side of abdomen

Good morning, I have been feeling a pain on the back from left side (i doubt it is the kidney), the pain is sometime...

Blood in urine, pain abdomen and nodule in the ...

I have a great deal of pain in my sides abdomin area and lower back. I have been told by my doctor that I have bloo...

Possible Kidney Infection? Or something else?

Hi Doc, My Girlfriend has had a kidney infection before, she has a headache, constipated, slight fever, sore in the ...

Post Your Thoughts