Question :

Meningitis Shots in College

Today I went to enroll in my college and they said that all students will have to have a Meningitis shot. I asked what if I already had meningitis, but the admissions person was out to answer it. So my question is this, I had Meningitis in July of 2002 all my close family took a shot to prevent them from getting it, although I don't think I received a shot. Would I need to take a shot for Meningitis today in 2011?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Our team of physicians will try and have a response to this question. In the meantime we suggest looking through our related questions in this category or using our search bar at the top of the page to look for more information.
You can also sign up and ask your question in detailed.

Questions related to Meningitis

Sex with girl having meniingitis

hi, i had sex with one girl and she told me she got meningitis ..what shud i take predation to prevent from it? is i...

Meningitis vaccine side effects

My two and half year old son was given meningitis vaccine. from the next day he is suffering from high fever and col...

CSF leak and type of meningitis

If a cerebral spinal fluid leak were to cause meningitis, would it be bacterial or viral meningitis? Thanks!

Can meningitis stay dormant for years?

Hi, If someone may have gotten Meningitis is there a chance it will lay dormant for a few years and then cause a br...

Could these be symptoms of Meningitis?

I had a bad sinusitus infection about 2 months ago and was given the antibiotic klacid to clear the infection. I wa...

Fever with Stiff Neck

Hi,... my 6 year old grand-daughter has had a stiff neck (sore to turn on one side) since Friday. She had a random 1...

Meningitis: Common Causes and Complications

My brother broke his neck a week ago in a bike accident. he is in a halo and seemed to be doing as best as possible ...

Meningitis information: post infection

Hello, I almost have one month since I left the Hospital, I had viral meningitis, but I still have headaches, someti...

Can dog bite cause meningitis?

I wanted to know if it's possible to contract viral meningitis from a dog bite? I was bit by a dog on Nov 11 2010. W...

Booster for Meningitis Vaccination?

I received a vaccination for meningitis in college approximately 8 years ago. i am a dentist and am around patients ...

Not sure if these are symptoms of meningitis

Should I bring my 20 year old female college student who has been vomiting, diarrhea, and sinus congestion for 2 day...

Complications of Meningitis when Treatment is D...

I had bacterial meningitis when i was 5 after I had really bad headaches that i have lived with since. I was wanting...

Concerns about Meningitis

My child is laying down alot and got a fever he lost appertite is this a sign of menigities

Relationship between mastoiditis and meningitis

Hello Doctor: What is the connection relationship between mastoiditis and meningitis?

Meningitis as a complication Shingles

My boyfriend has shingles and the doctor told use to seriously be on the lookout for signs of meningitis, because th...

Why aren't patients put to sleep during Lumbar ...

When a lumbar puncture is being given, my understanding is that while the area of the skin is anesthetized, the pati...

Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

My daughter 4 years old, caucasian, domicile country Hong Kong. Confirmed by Ped. of Foot and Mouth Disease. Child's...

Classic symptoms of meningitis

What are the symptoms of meningitis?

How useful is a lumbar puncture

Is lumbar puncture useful? Do the hospital and doctors use it often? Can lumbar puncture be used to extract other...

Post Your Thoughts