Intense burning and itching of the skin.

Dear Ask The Doctor:  I can't sit on upholstered furniture. When I do, I experience this intense burning, itching of my skin. The same thing happens when I put on clothes that have been hanging in my closet for a while. I have to wash the several times before I can wear them. I can't sleep at hotels because of the skin irritations. I was retested for allergies. I'm allergic to dust mites. But when I was retested, it did not show a strong reaction to dust mites. This is affecting my quality of life severly. Even prescription hycortozine creams don't help. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Dear Patient:  It is very difficult to tell what is causing all your symptoms. You have mentioned that you are allergic to dust mites, peanuts, dust, moulds, ragweed, catfish and most grass pollens, all of which suggest an allergic component to your problem. But I would suggest you to consult your doctor regarding other causes such as lipitor and trazadone (both these drugs can cause rashes and hives) and also check for liver enzymes as increased bilirubin levels can also cause itching of the skin.

Please login or signup to post comments!

SEARCH: