Question :

Can I Tattoo a mole?

I have a non pigmented mole on my face that i was considering to have removed, but dont want the scar. So now im wondering if i could tattoo it so its darker, or henna it without casing irritation or cancer. So far i only use make-up to colour it as it looks like a constant pimple.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Moles or nevi are common skin lesions caused by the proliferation of pigment cells in the skin called melanocytes. Moles are usually benign in nature, however in my opinion it would be good practice to get it examined by a dermatologist to rule out malignant melanoma (a cancerous form of nevi).
A mole may be treated for cosmetic reasons and the surgical options are electrosurgery/shave biopsy and excision biopsy, which may in some cases leave a scar. I would suggest that you consult a dermatologist before going ahead for a tattoo.

Questions related to Moles

Possible Cancer

I have recently noticed I have three really dark raised moles on my side that have popped up should I be concerned? A...

Flat black marks appearing on penis

Why do black marks keep appearing on my penis? These marks are flat and start out small and get bigger with time. The...

New freckle and moles

Hello, I recently had a new freckle appear and new mole and the freckle is not completely round and looks a bit blurr...

Aerosole Burn causing skin cancer mole?

Hi there. My name is Sarina I'm 18 years old. When i was about 16 i gave myself an Aerosole Burn (aka a frosty). All ...

New Black Mole On the Belly

A black mole or Walt has appeared on the side of my belly with red surrounding in. I'm not sure what this is?

Squeezed pimple near mole now inflamed

I have a mole on my arm, I thought it had a pimple near the edge of it so I squeezed it trying not to get the mole b...

What do I do about a cat scratch?

Hello, my cat scratched me last night. This resulted in a mole (about 2 mm in diameter and which was raised about 2 ...

Mole removal

Can a mole be removed by a general physician or does it need to be removed by a specialist?

Can a once sunburned mole turn into cancer??

I am an Archaeology student; I was on a dig yesterday and my left arm went red in the sun, after the protection time...

Sunburn and a bleeding, sore mole

I have a mole on the side of my nose that has been there as long as I can remember. I burn easily and got sunburned...

Lots of new moles all over my body

Hi there, I am a 21 year old female and I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of new moles all over my body ...

Post Your Thoughts