Question :

Lots of new moles all over my body

Hi there, I am a 21 year old female and I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of new moles all over my body in the last year. None of them look particularily abnormal, but the fact that there are so many new ones is what's worrying me. Is the development of many new moles an indication that something's wrong?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
New moles are harmless and may appear due to an increased exposure to sun or uv radiation. Make sure to apply sunscreen and cover the exposed body parts when outdoors. If you notice even a slight change in the size, colour, border etc. of the existing moles, it should be concerning and necessitates visit to a dermatologist for early diagnosis of the change, that may be due to malignant melanoma - a type of skin cancer, and its treatment.

Questions related to Moles

Possible Cancer

I have recently noticed I have three really dark raised moles on my side that have popped up should I be concerned? A...

Flat black marks appearing on penis

Why do black marks keep appearing on my penis? These marks are flat and start out small and get bigger with time. The...

New freckle and moles

Hello, I recently had a new freckle appear and new mole and the freckle is not completely round and looks a bit blurr...

Aerosole Burn causing skin cancer mole?

Hi there. My name is Sarina I'm 18 years old. When i was about 16 i gave myself an Aerosole Burn (aka a frosty). All ...

New Black Mole On the Belly

A black mole or Walt has appeared on the side of my belly with red surrounding in. I'm not sure what this is?

Squeezed pimple near mole now inflamed

I have a mole on my arm, I thought it had a pimple near the edge of it so I squeezed it trying not to get the mole b...

Can I Tattoo a mole?

I have a non pigmented mole on my face that i was considering to have removed, but dont want the scar. So now im won...

What do I do about a cat scratch?

Hello, my cat scratched me last night. This resulted in a mole (about 2 mm in diameter and which was raised about 2 ...

Mole removal

Can a mole be removed by a general physician or does it need to be removed by a specialist?

Can a once sunburned mole turn into cancer??

I am an Archaeology student; I was on a dig yesterday and my left arm went red in the sun, after the protection time...

Sunburn and a bleeding, sore mole

I have a mole on the side of my nose that has been there as long as I can remember. I burn easily and got sunburned...

Post Your Thoughts