Question :

Tingling in the Toes of One Foot

I am only 27 years old. For the past week or two I wake up with tingling in 2 of my toes on my right foot. What could be the problem? The tingling seems to be spreading every morning instead of getting better. It normally lasts for 5 minutes or so. I havent slept any different so I don't know what it could be or if I should even be worried.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Tingling in one part of the body is a common symptom of nerve impingement or injury when not associated with any other symptoms.  When tingling occurs in many parts of the body, both sides of the body or reappears and disappears with time - it can be a symptoms of nutritional deficiency, metabolic disease, infections or a neurological process.  A visit to your doctor will allow him or her to determine if the source of nerve damage is local (near the sight of injury) or central (spinal cord or brain) and advise appropriate treatment.  In my practice, for tingling in one part of the body and not rapidly spreading, I often advise observation and exercise - the majority of cases resolve on their own once the muscles surrounding the nerve are properly strengthened and stretched.

Questions related to Neuropathy

Origin of My Chronic Pain

If the drug Elavil relieves pain in my head, neck, and eyes what are some likely causes of this pain?

Unknown pain in legs

Hi, Over the last week or so I've had some pain in my legs. The pain seems to be moving from leg to leg. Some days I ...

Numbness down there

I am 16. For the past three days the left underside of my penis near the base has been feeling numb. I noticed the fe...

Lost control of my arm then I fainted

I lost control of my right arm, it was shaking and I couldn't move it. The day it happen, I lost control three time b...

Numbness, Spasms, Pins and Needles Sensation in...

A few days ago i started getting pins and needles in my hands and legs which turned in to a prickly heat on the botto...

Sound in ear causes back "tickle"

If I have any sort of up close noise in my right ear like a whisper a nerve or something where my hip meets my back o...

Pulse rate for a women getting raped

hi.i am engineering student.i am doing one project.i have some medical doubts?what will be pulse rate of the women du...

Muscle in arms or thigh trembling

why my muscles arms, or thigh trembles even when i m sitting for like 30sec?

Chronic all over body pain

64yr old last 4 yrs seen many specialist . Each different diagnosis. Polymostits , PMR, FB, ALS &etc. biop for ne...

Vigorous head shaking

hello sir/ madam, i'm 22 yrs old female. lately i have been shaking my head vigorously ( vigorously as in fast but m...

Atypical trigeminal neuralgia

Hello there, I had an extremely painful episode of what was called atypical trigeminal neuralgia back in April of 20...

Tingling/Burning/Scared

Let me start by thanking the doctors on this site for their service. I am forever grateful for people like you. I...

Sensory polyneuropathy and cervical radiculopathy

I am having muscle weakness from more than 6 months recently my neurologist suggest me to go for an emg and ncv 2 un...

Radial palsy (wrist drop) possibly due to broke...

What are early signs of radial palsy recovery? (broken humerus,wrist drop)

Nerve Compression Syndrome - Seeking Treatment

Pain in lower back right side and right buttock and right side of right thigh. Docters said nerve compression syndro...

Left cheek vibrates or tremble.

Helo sir i wana ask that whenever i smile or laugh my left cheek starts vibrating.i am facing this problem for the ...

Possible Ulna nerve transient injury

I woke up on Monday with some pain in my arm and waved it off as abed sore. I went about my day as usual, but at nig...

Lower left back sharp pain after wearing a new ...

I developed a sharp back pain yesterday. It is in my lower back, exactly under my belt line on the left side. It f...

C3-C5 mild uncovertebral joint hypertrophy

Im having numbing and pain feelings in both of my three fingers furthest away from my thumbs and arms when i work or...

Pain in left chest and shoulder that worsens wi...

Hello! I am getting a pain coming from my heart across to the top of my shoulder it is a sharp pain that hurts a lot...

Stabbing pain in the buttock for a week

I have had problems with discs in lower back for last ten years but for last week i have had a very bad pain in left...

Severe episodes of pain the middle toe

My daughter is 24 years old. From time to time she gets a pain in her middle toe that she explains " it feels like s...

Teenager with possible CTS

I am a pain in my right hand since 4 months and i went for phisotherpy but still there is no change in pain the pain...

Numbness and burning sensation on left side of leg

Im 46 years old and on 03-04-2012 Sunday I started getting a burning sensation in a spot just left of my left leg in...

Numbness felt on left side of face

What could be the possible causes of numbness felt at the left side of my face? What are the possible solution to it...

Post Your Thoughts