Question :

Sickness and feeling faint - on asthma medication.

Hi im just wondering why i keep vomiting , im not pregnant ,its this de ja vu type thing thats coming across me then thats when the vomiting feeling comes along and then i get sick its happening every few days im 22 years old and worried what this could be

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
It is very difficult to determine the cause of your illness on history alone. There could be several reasons for symptoms of vomiting and may require further evaluation by a doctor. A possibility in your case could be due to reflux disease as a result of asthma medication. Becotide, is a synthetic corticosteroid drug used in preventing asthma attacks. The side effects of this drug include oral thrush, osteoporosis, reflux disease, and cushing's syndrome.

Questions related to Asthma

blood sugar level high at 318 in 53 year old fe...

can i know the reasons for the blood sugar level shown at 318 for a person aged 53 female

Refractory Asthma, what is it?

I have been told that I have refractory asthma. I am trying to find a definition of what is refractory asthma, that ...

Can you drink coffee before you go in for jaw s...

I will have a surgery for the first time on my life my surgery is jaw surgery and am a coffee drinker i drink 4...

Asthma and Travelling

Hi Doc, I am having asthma from the age of 8 and still having asthma and taking budamate inhaler as suggested by doc....

What is the difference between foracort and com...

Sir What is the difference between foracort 200 and combihale ff 250

Asthma exacerbation lasting 2 weeks

I've had asthma for 25 years. For the past 2 weeks I jave had to ise my nebulizer with duoneb q4 due to dyspnea that ...

Am confused between Telekast , Telekat-L , Tel...

Dear Doctor I am suffering from Bronchitis since in was 3 yrs old... I have an allergy from pollens that are i...

breathless

I m feeling breathless most of the times...even with low activity. I have been diagnosed with rhinitis allergy. Plea...

Asthmatic with weight loss and chronic cough wh...

Hi! My husband is an Asthmatic since 3yrs and takes Serflo 250mg everyday. Past 1 month I've observed weight loss, in...

Will an asthma attack happen if being choked to...

If you have asthma, and someone chokes you to the point where you cannot breathe, what would happen as a result from ...

Breathing Problems

I have been having breathing problems for a little over a year but it has been getting worse. I don't know if it is b...

Feel unable to breathe deep enough

Hi, I've been feeling for about 2 weeks now that I just can't breathe deep enough, it feels like I need to gasp for a...

Suffering from severe Asthma

Is there a way for me to cure my asthma? It has been affecting my life and I always have a burning sensation in my th...

15 year old with Exercise Induced Asthma

Why is it that every time I play sports I get this burning sensation in my lungs. It only happens when I workout and...

Are these symptoms of asthma?

I am facing the problem, shortness of breath for last two days. Also have this tendency to yawn now and then, as if...

When to stop taking prednisolone for the treatm...

My 4 year old son was recently given prednisolone for treatment of Asthma cough.I stopped the medication after one ...

Breathing trouble in a teen girl

Hi, I'm a 16 year old girl who is healthy weight and would have considered myself fairly fit until recently. I love ...

Use of multiple drugs in the treatment of asthma

I have been given a new inhaler which is called a serevent evohaler (salmeterol xinafoate) but i also have my clenil...

Asthma relief in a seven year old child

Is it okay for a seven year old to use Predkid( prednisilone solution) with Tussadryl compound linctus to relieve mo...

Shortness of breathing, Is it due to problem wi...

I have shortness of breathing for 3 years now, with exhausting when i do any normal thing like running or riding the...

Does Advair Effect Growth in Children?

Can taking Advair effect growth in a child?

Smoking and formonide inhaler

I have been using formonide 200 inhaler for 4-5 years. I have been smoking for a year. will smoking worsen my breath...

Causes of Blood in cough.

Why would someone cough blood?

Foods to Eat with Asthma

What foods are best to eat when you have asthma? can you eat whole wheat bread?

Can I Drink While taking Medicines for Asthma

Can i drink alcohol while taking steroids for my asthma?

Cough and wheezing in 3 year old for 4 months

My son is 3 yrs old, and is having coughing for last four months, without any fever or loss of appetite. We are livi...

Can a steriod inhaler cause Gynecomastia?

I have asthma since birth but it wasn't till about the third grade they put me on a steroid inhaler since then i had...

Symptoms of Heart and Lung Diseases

Hi my name is Brianna i'm 17 an di keep getting shocking in my chest and lungs. when i take a deep breaath i get lig...

Chronic cough with phelegm and mucous

Well this started two years ago, it started with my sinuses and ended up with a diagnose of bronchocial asthma. I wa...

Respiratory diseases: Cough and fever

Dear Ask the doctor im suffering at night of attacks of dry cough and fever some days at morning but mostly at night...

Numbness in arms and fingers after asthma attack.

Hi there, i had an asthma attack on saturday evening and my arms , fingers and leg are numb and tingly. i am 23 year...

Common Side Effect of Prednisone

I am a chronic asthmatic and currently taking predisone and antibiotics. My mother in law has to come home from the...

Common Triggers of Bronchial Asthma

I have been diagnosed once when I was younger with asthma, however, I have also been tested for my IgE levels, which...

Help with cold and asthma

I am a distance runner for track and cross country, i also have asthma, i got sick 4 weeks ago and usually when i ge...

Will smoking once harm my asthma?

Im asthmatic and have never smoked before until lastnight. will this one off occasion seriously affect my asthma? or...

Severe breathing difficulty, possibly associate...

For the past two weeks I have been experiencing the following symptoms: Shortness of breath Wheezing Cough w. mucous...

Adult onset asthma and management.

So I just got over a pretty bad cold and sinus infection that lasted about 8 days. I went to the doctor and my lungs...

Asthma and Post Nasal Drip

My husband, a relatively healthy 35-year-old, has asthma and as long as I have known him gets these bad attacks wher...

Sever and worsening asthma:Use of corticosteroids

Hi mi name is Nazia i m asthma patient from last 10 yrs and nowadays i m facing severe allergy,wheezing cough,mucus....

ASTHMA AND ANABOLIC STEROIDS

I've had asthma my whole life. I take my symbicort and bricanyl inhalers every morning and night. My question is: wo...

Diagnosis of asthma in a pediatric patient.

My 3 year old son has breathing problems no one has diagonosed him with asthma they just say it what he may have. he...

Allergic Asthma at the age of twenty five

Hi I have developed allergic asthma at the age of 25. I never had a history of asthma in the past 24 years and no on...

Can you develop Asthma with exercise?

Hi,so the other day i was in a 3000 metre running race, and about half way through it my lungs felt like they closed...

Asthma or upper respiratory infection

I have asthma and lately my puffers are not really doing the trick.( I take Advair 2 puffs twicw daily of the diskus...

Asthma attack for over a year

Hello. My question about asthma is for my motther. sShe is a 60 year old woman that used to be extremely active. ...

Will my asthma go away?

I am a 26 year old female who developed asthma when i was roughly 10-11 years old. It affects my life in many ways s...

Preventing Asthma Attacks in Children

For children who already have asthma, what are ways of treating or preventing it or preventing asthma attacks?

Could I have Exsercise-Induced Asthma?

Over the years i have experienced weezing and coughing after physical activity and i have a hard time catching my br...

Flu Shot for Child with Asthma

My son is 8 years old and has allergies and asthma. It is well maintained. He is on flovent and 10 days ago he beg...

Is It really asthma?

Good Afternoon, I am inquiring informating. I am confused only because I've been diagnosed with asthma but I don't w...

Post Your Thoughts