Question :

Respiratory diseases: Cough and fever

Dear Ask the doctor im suffering at night of attacks of dry cough and fever some days at morning but mostly at night , especially when its cold or when i smell perfumes ,no chest tightness and no dyspnea or wheezing,always feeling drowsy and difficult to remember some thing especially at study this been for more than 2 years,im a hookah smoker for more than 8 years but when i try to stop smoking these attacks becomes more and more and longer ,my mother suffers of branchial asthma and she uses ventolin inhaler what is that could be?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You could be having a range of different conditions which could either be allergic asthma like reaction or acute bronchitis due to the hukka smoking or you may be having a lung and respiratory tract infection. You need to see a physician in person and get tested with a complete blood count as well as a chest xray to have a more clearer picture of the situation. All the best.

Questions related to Asthma

Coughing and some wheezing, and a little short ...

I have been taking levquin 500 for 10 days. I am better, but when I get up in the morning, I cough and expel some muc...

blood sugar level high at 318 in 53 year old fe...

can i know the reasons for the blood sugar level shown at 318 for a person aged 53 female

Refractory Asthma, what is it?

I have been told that I have refractory asthma. I am trying to find a definition of what is refractory asthma, that ...

Can you drink coffee before you go in for jaw s...

I will have a surgery for the first time on my life my surgery is jaw surgery and am a coffee drinker i drink 4...

Asthma and Travelling

Hi Doc, I am having asthma from the age of 8 and still having asthma and taking budamate inhaler as suggested by doc....

What is the difference between foracort and com...

Sir What is the difference between foracort 200 and combihale ff 250

Asthma exacerbation lasting 2 weeks

I've had asthma for 25 years. For the past 2 weeks I jave had to ise my nebulizer with duoneb q4 due to dyspnea that ...

Am confused between Telekast , Telekat-L , Tel...

Dear Doctor I am suffering from Bronchitis since in was 3 yrs old... I have an allergy from pollens that are i...

breathless

I m feeling breathless most of the times...even with low activity. I have been diagnosed with rhinitis allergy. Plea...

Asthmatic with weight loss and chronic cough wh...

Hi! My husband is an Asthmatic since 3yrs and takes Serflo 250mg everyday. Past 1 month I've observed weight loss, in...

Will an asthma attack happen if being choked to...

If you have asthma, and someone chokes you to the point where you cannot breathe, what would happen as a result from ...

Breathing Problems

I have been having breathing problems for a little over a year but it has been getting worse. I don't know if it is b...

Feel unable to breathe deep enough

Hi, I've been feeling for about 2 weeks now that I just can't breathe deep enough, it feels like I need to gasp for a...

Suffering from severe Asthma

Is there a way for me to cure my asthma? It has been affecting my life and I always have a burning sensation in my th...

15 year old with Exercise Induced Asthma

Why is it that every time I play sports I get this burning sensation in my lungs. It only happens when I workout and...

Are these symptoms of asthma?

I am facing the problem, shortness of breath for last two days. Also have this tendency to yawn now and then, as if...

When to stop taking prednisolone for the treatm...

My 4 year old son was recently given prednisolone for treatment of Asthma cough.I stopped the medication after one ...

Breathing trouble in a teen girl

Hi, I'm a 16 year old girl who is healthy weight and would have considered myself fairly fit until recently. I love ...

Use of multiple drugs in the treatment of asthma

I have been given a new inhaler which is called a serevent evohaler (salmeterol xinafoate) but i also have my clenil...

Asthma relief in a seven year old child

Is it okay for a seven year old to use Predkid( prednisilone solution) with Tussadryl compound linctus to relieve mo...

Sickness and feeling faint - on asthma medication.

Hi im just wondering why i keep vomiting , im not pregnant ,its this de ja vu type thing thats coming across me th...

Shortness of breathing, Is it due to problem wi...

I have shortness of breathing for 3 years now, with exhausting when i do any normal thing like running or riding the...

Does Advair Effect Growth in Children?

Can taking Advair effect growth in a child?

Smoking and formonide inhaler

I have been using formonide 200 inhaler for 4-5 years. I have been smoking for a year. will smoking worsen my breath...

Causes of Blood in cough.

Why would someone cough blood?

Post Your Thoughts