Question :

Can I Take Tylenol before Colonoscopy?

I am having a colonoscopy procedure in a couple of days and would like to know if it's safe to take tylenol for a headache at the same time receiving sedation for the procedure. The last time I had a colonoscopy after the prep I developed a really bad migrane headache and feltg really ill. I don't want to have the same thing happen this time. Thank you for your help.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
If you do not have any liver problems, it is safe for you to take tylenol before the procedure. Sometimes the sedation during the colonoscopy procedure may cause you to get a headache. Remember to keep yourself well hydrated. Take care.

Questions related to NSAIDs

testing positive

Can taking Advil PM each night cause me to test positive for marijuana on a urine drug test?

Possible delayed drug allergic reaction

I have taken Nabumetone 500 mg for the last couple of years off and on for shoulder pain. I took one 3 days agoo wi...

Recommendation on taking mobic daily

My PCP put me on 30mg (daily) of Mobic 2 yrs. ago. He said it is above the maximum daily dosage but felt it was safe...

Can I take diclofenac and methocarbamol together?

Hi, I've been told by my GP that I have spasms in my trapezium muscle. I have been prescribed Methocarbamol 750mg t...

Would NSAIDs further affect my kidney functions?

I am a 68 year old male with an active lifestyle. I have low back pain and a kidney reading of 55, placing me in the...

Drug Interactions - Pristiq with Nabumetone

If my mother is on Pristiq can I give her a Nabumetone just once because she is having low back pain from moving box...

How much NSAIDS is too much?

I recently injured my lower back at work and have been taking Aleve during the day and Motrin PM to get to sleep. I ...

Mechanical Low Back Pain

I have lower left side back pain, just above the hip region. it's not kidney stone or gall stones cause the pain is ...

Allergy to Ibuprofen : what are my options?

I am allergic to Ibuprofen but I need an anti-inflammatory for an old injury in my neck that has flared up. What are...

Post Your Thoughts