Question :

Ganglion Cyst Removal

I had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst a year ago. I am still experiencing extreme stiffness and pain. What should I do? After surgery I went to physical therapy, but I still cannot do anything with my wrist (push-ups, yoga, anything involving bending or flexing my wrist)

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Your present problems with your wrist could be related to your previous surgery or not. A likely scenario is the formation of scar tissue after removal of the ganglion. Scar tissue formation is normal, however there is the possibility that the scar tissue has affected a nerve or nerves in the wrist resulting in your pain and stiffness. You could have developed some new condition in your wrist such as arthritis though thus is less likely. I suggest you visit your orthopedic surgeon for an examination.

Questions related to Pain Management

9548 ng/ml morphine--is this a LETHAL amount fo...

My siblings and I received a toxicology report on our father, that stated that he had 9548 ng/ml morphine in his syst...

Meds with bad side effects

Hi, i am BEGGING for your help; i am a chronic pain patient with a pain mgt doctor i see every month for the 3 years;...

Mother

Hi drs! Please please help! I have had the worst xiphoid pain in going on a year now! These episodes come randoml...

Overdose on tylenol

What would happen if someone OD on 100 325 mg tylenol but got to the hospital 2hrs from the time they took the pills?

Rectus femoris muscle tear

I have a moderate tear in my right rectus femoris muscle. Doctors have told me there's nothing they can do to help t...

Stitches and Roller Coasters

About half a week ago I got two stitches on my ankle due to broken glass. It is on the side of my ankle by the bone. ...

joint pain

my ankles are very painful and they feel like they are being stangulated

pain management

I was prescribed 30 mg of morphine for moderate pain. If I want to take only 15mg is it ok to break the tablet in ...

Can I take voltaren and remeron together?

Is it safe to take voltaren 75 mg tablets with remeron 30 mg tablets together.?I took a voltaren 75 mg tablet about 6...

Pain Management and Seizure Disorder

Should a 94 year old man who has had a Tonic - Clonic Seizure and is on Sodium Valproate, take Tramadol or Co-codamo...

What are these pains all over the body?

I've been suffering from pains all over my body for about 7 years, these can vary from lasting a few minutes to over...

Treatment alternatives for "Frozen Shoulder" (C...

I have two frozen shoulders and have tried physiotherapy , hydrocortizone , naproxen , ibuprophen, tramadol, morphen...

Index finger lateral band lesion in a Bass player

Hello, I am 27 year old bass player. After 11 years of playing I have never really experienced pain in my digits. Af...

Severe pain after hand surgery due to "skiers t...

What are the risks of have a Nerve Block for Ulnar Collateral injury after surgery?

Chronic knee pain with previous history of knee...

Medication Hip replaced 2006 and failed knee replacement 2007. Was being prescribed 300 mg oxycodone a day for pain....

How dangerous is Klebsellia?

I had a hysterectomy 2 and a hlf months ago. right out of surgery i developed a spot along the incision that did not...

Severe pain with diagnosis of L5-S1 disc hernia...

Hi, I have been diagnosed with L5S1 herniated disks and also i have a crack on my coccex. I have been taking many pa...

Chronic back pain and gastroparesis

I have chronic back pain and now I have gastroperisis are there new pain meds that will hejp

Can I take neurontin as needed for pain?

Can I take neurontin as needed for pain? I have recently been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and was prescribed...

Tooth ache - What measures can I take to reliev...

Ive taken 2 panadol rapids over an hour ago to compensate my tooth ach, since then the pain has 10 folded, is it saf...

Friend took an overdose of pain killer

Friend ate about 15-20 tablets of crocin and combiflam at a time, what should be done now? he just getting stomache ...

Tendonitis after taking fluoroquinolones for ab...

I took Levaquin and cipro about 3 years ago for my prostatitis on and off for about 1 year. I am not sure the exact ...

Lower Abdominal Pain after Hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy nearly 20 years ago. In the past month I have been having pain in my lower abdomen. Recently ...

Effect of pain medications on liver

My doctor has me taking oxycodone 10mg 650mg. I have a 4mm cyst on my liver. what is the best pain management drug w...

Pain post cardiac by-pass surgery

Dear doctors My mother at 64 went through a heart bypass surgery almost 4 months back in March 2011. Her operation w...

Post Your Thoughts