Question :

Lower back pain after NovaSure procedure

Hi, Four weeks ago I had a novasure ablation because of heavy bleeding. I also had fibroids outside of the womb. Last week I had anormal,light period only lasting 3-4 days which I was very pleased about. The problem is since the day I had this done I have had terrible lower back pain. This varies from mild to very severe and it never completely goes away. Please help.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The pain you are experiencing could be related to the NovaSure procedure. The studies done on pain post procedure report that the vast majority of women do not have any significant pain past 24 hrs after the procedure. So, though there is a possibility that the pain you have is as a result of the procedure, it is more likely to be caused by some other condition. I note in your medical history that you have Psoriatic arthritis. This could explain your lower back pain if your psoriasis has started to affect your lower spine. There are a number of other conditions which can cause lower back pain including herniated disc, spinal stenosis and some diseases of the kidneys. You should see your doctor who will start off with a simple xray of the lower back and then do additional test if deemed necessary.

Questions related to Back Pain

Epidural shots in lower back

Can someone get kidney failure from getting epidural shots in lower back every 3 weeks for 2 years?

Pain in middle right side of back

Pain in middle of back. hurt to breath or if its touched when bending to the right side

Chronic mid-lower back pain

Hello! My name is Shay and I am 18 years old. I have just finished up my weekly visits to the Chiropractor for a mont...

Leg difference back pain

Why does my right leg appear to be shorter than my left leg all of a sudden forcing me to tilt to the right and causi...

Backache due to continuously working on laptop

Hi..I have a backache problem due to continuously working on computer..Is there any way to overcome the back problem....

back / neck pain severe head ache

I have severe back pain and neck pain at least twice a month,, with the stiff neck I get a severe headache and the t...

Back pain after diving injury

Hello I dove off of a diving board yesterday and landed funny with my legs bending forward and my back really arched....

Stabbing pain in shoulder

I was walking out of my kitchen and took a deep inhale and felt a sudden sharp stabbing pain in my left shoulder that...

Lower back pain, limited mobility.

I've had lower back pain for years. I also have pain in both legs that I thought was unrelated after being diagnosed ...

back pain + constipation?

I have significant pain in my lower back on the right side. Additionally, I have felt like I've needed a bowel moveme...

Leg length discrepancy after total Hip replacem...

My husband recently had left total hip replacement done. The left legis now noticeably shorter than the right. Is the...

Back pain

Hi, for the past 3/4 days I been noticing back pain. It started from shooting, stabbing pain on my right side , now i...

Lower back pain after foot-landing fall

Is lower back and stomach pains resulting a fall into a 5 foot window well indication of a spinal fracture?

Lower back pain in 12yr old male

What would cause lower back pain in a 12yr old boy?

pain in neck and lower back

Why do i get this pulsating pain in my lower back and the back of my neck. It is very painful but only last for about...

Lower back pain!

I have excruciating lower back pain

Ruptured disk pain after kidney stone

I was recently admitted to the hospital for a first-time kidney stone. I was given dilaudid and torodol via IV. I als...

Massive back pain because of ovaries flipping?

I have had massive pain in my back for 2-3 weeks, worse then I've ever experienced, but mostly in the lower right sid...

Lower Back. Physical Therapist

I went to a physical therapist the summer of 2012 for 2 days a week as prescribed from my doctor. I only had a coupl...

Severe pain from my left flank to my abdomen

I have severe pain on my left side from my abdomen to my back. Twisting, laying on my left side, pushing off a chair...

Recurring lower back muscle spam

Reoccuring back muscle spam. Have visited gp and given medication ( PEEFEN FORTE & NORGESIC tablets), and to ma...

horrible back pain, someone please help .

I have a sharp pain that started in my lower back a week ago and has since moved to my entire back . I am in the wors...

Right side serve pain

I've had horrible back pains, almost a constant cramping, for about 9 months now on my right side around my lower rib...

Sharp Lower Back Pain after bending over

What's causing my pain? I have really sharp pain in my lower back that began after I put my 14 month old son into the...

Sharp pain near right scapula

I have had severe sharp pain in between my spine and my right scapula for over 4 years and was wondering what could b...

Shooting pain down the right side of my back.

What may cause a shooting pain down the right side of my back, starting from below my shoulder blade down to the top ...

Sharp pain in back little left of my spine

Hello there, i recently felt a sharp pain near the middle of my back and a little left of my spine. It happens when i...

Can't Move without being out of breath

So besides the obvious; seeing a doctor what should I do?

Lower back pain while exercising and afterwards.

Last week I slipped over in soccer flat on my back and I have noticed the past few days that I have lower back pain ...

Back pain and having a habit of cracking back

My back has been hurting for about 5 months now. At first it was a sever pain and I took 2 Motrin 400s and used heati...

Can back pain lead to tumor

I had a back pain from past one month, computed a doctor and given prescription for 15days but the pain remains same....

untreated Degenerative disk disase

i have degenerative disk disease have had it since i was in my late 30s have had one surgery and need another but can...

lower back always sore

Why is my lower back always sore?

About 2 years ago, I suffered from a slipped di...

I'm an 18 year old male. About 2 years ago, i suffered from a slipped disk in my lumbar region. (L4 and L5 disks). I ...

Can lower back disc bulges trigger these symptoms?

I experienced sharp pain in my lower back while shoveling snow last month. The pain subsided after a couple days, bu...

Back was hurting on my left side right under my...

Ok so i woke up one morning and my back was hurting on my left side right under my shoulder blade. well now I am havi...

My back is numb from the middle

Dear doctor Hi I am 41 years old and for about 2 years now my back has been numb from the middle to lower and now I'...

Severe back pain coinciding with period?

For the last few days I have been enduring the most excruciating back pain I've ever experienced. Some 6 months ago, ...

Lower back pain

Hello. I'm experiencing swelling on my left side and discomfort in my lower back. I suspect I have a herniated disc ...

sharp back pain

What do I do, its been over 24 hours now. It hurts when I'm just sitting now. Its not my first time I've gotten this ...

Back Pain with Burning Sensation

Why does my upper eighties of my back hurt with a burning painful feeling that causes me to have slight breathing p...

Pics of back and right side

I bent over and my back made two loud pops.i couldnt walk at all for 3 days.the pain is in my lower back and rt side...

Bad fall from a bucking horse

I had a really bad fall from a bucking horse 2 summers ago and my back has never fully recovered. When I went to the...

Constant back pain in a young mother of a 16 mo...

I am currently living with constant pain in my back. I have been to the doctors but being the typical NHS they just ...

Back muscles affected by weightlifting

Before one year and seven month i was envolve in flood relief activity and envolve in weatlifting for more than 3 ho...

Severe Degenerative Disc Disease L4-L5 producin...

I have Degenerative Disc Disease and have had to go to my doctor on many occasions to get the pain under control. No...

Severe pain after strain back muscles

I think I strained the muscles in my lower back last night. It hurts whenever I move and I can barely walk upright. ...

Upper back pain possibly associated to scoliosi...

Im having severe back pain. Its been well over three months ive been having it. But i also have scoliosis, as well b...

MRI showing bulging disc and possible syringoyelia

I had an MRI that showed a bulging disc and possible syringomyelia. I have been on tramadol, cymbalta and naprosyn b...

Mother of three with persistent back pain

I had an accident at 21 yrs with no external injury but severe back ache. It became a dull consistent lower back pai...

Post Your Thoughts