Question :

Colonoscopy preparation

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Friday. I had a sandwich today (Sunday) with multigrain bread. Will this be a problem or should will I be O.K. starting the low fiber diet from this afternoon forward?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Bowel preparation is required prior to a colonoscopy so that the large bowel is clear of all faecal material allowing the bowel wall to be visualized through a camera lens. It is therefore important to follow the preparation rigorously otherwise the investigation may be inadequate, if the entire large bowel cannot be viewed. I would advise continuing strictly to the bowel preparation guidelines, or if this is not possible rescheduling the colonoscopy, for a future date.

Questions related to Polyps, Colon

Polyps in uterus - what are treatment options?

What are the most common way to remove polups from the uturs ? Is it reccomended to have them removed ?

Intestinal polyp removal options.

In July of this year I had PPH surgery for internal hemorrhoids. I am still having lots blood with my bowl movement...

Pain in my left lower abdomen

I have been having pain in my lower left side for several weeks now...it will hurt bad for 3 or 4 days and then it w...

Colon Surgery

I previously had a sigmoidoscopy. I had a 3cm polyp removed using cold biopsy. However, the doctore noted there was ...

Is it possible I have a colon polyp?

I've always had problems with constipation. It's been better these last few years as I've been trying to eat healthi...

Rectal Bleeding : Should i go see a doctor?

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl who's slighlty overweight and when i go to the toilet to do number 2's i noticed that the...

Bleeding from the Rectum - Polyp

I cut my rectum about 129 days ago with my finger nail it was super deep as my finger nails were not cut,i went to t...

What are Anal Papillae and Diverticula of the L...

What exactly is anal papilla(e) hypertrophied, also diverticula in sigmoid colon and in the descending colon, also w...

How Often Should Polyps Be Monitored?

How likely are polyps to return after removal during a colonoscopy? And how often should you have a repeat test? A...

Extreme Rectal Bleeding

I had a bowel movement and when I went to flush the toilet i saw that it was full of blood, I've bled before but thi...

Post Your Thoughts