Question :

Pain in my left lower abdomen

I have been having pain in my lower left side for several weeks now...it will hurt bad for 3 or 4 days and then it will go away a couple of days...I've had a hysterectomy so I don't have an overy on that side...I don't know what organs are on that side...I've had a colonostomy about 6 months ago and only had a couple of polops that they removed...so I can't figure out what would be on that side that would be hurting....it hurts terrible when I walk, the jarring of walking makes it hurt worse...it's about half way between my navel and my left hip down low.....I know you don't know for sure but if you could give me some idea of what could be hurting on that side...I don't even know what kind of Doctor I need to go to...my family Doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong, but something is hurting....thank you so much....

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
From the description of pain, there could be a possibility of formation of adhesions, either following removal of the polyps or hysterectomy. Adhesions are bands of tissue that form between abdominal tissues and organs, causing them to stick together restricting movements or function of the involved organs. Adhesions may not produce symptoms at first but with time, they become larger and tighter, causing problems years after surgery. You may contact your surgeon for examination and diagnosis of any abdominal or pelvic adhesions if present. Laproscopic examination of the abdomen may be required for diagnosis.

Questions related to Polyps, Colon

Polyps in uterus - what are treatment options?

What are the most common way to remove polups from the uturs ? Is it reccomended to have them removed ?

Intestinal polyp removal options.

In July of this year I had PPH surgery for internal hemorrhoids. I am still having lots blood with my bowl movement...

Colon Surgery

I previously had a sigmoidoscopy. I had a 3cm polyp removed using cold biopsy. However, the doctore noted there was ...

Is it possible I have a colon polyp?

I've always had problems with constipation. It's been better these last few years as I've been trying to eat healthi...

Rectal Bleeding : Should i go see a doctor?

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl who's slighlty overweight and when i go to the toilet to do number 2's i noticed that the...

Bleeding from the Rectum - Polyp

I cut my rectum about 129 days ago with my finger nail it was super deep as my finger nails were not cut,i went to t...

Colonoscopy preparation

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Friday. I had a sandwich today (Sunday) with multigrain bread. Will this be a pr...

What are Anal Papillae and Diverticula of the L...

What exactly is anal papilla(e) hypertrophied, also diverticula in sigmoid colon and in the descending colon, also w...

How Often Should Polyps Be Monitored?

How likely are polyps to return after removal during a colonoscopy? And how often should you have a repeat test? A...

Extreme Rectal Bleeding

I had a bowel movement and when I went to flush the toilet i saw that it was full of blood, I've bled before but thi...

Post Your Thoughts