Question :

Weird feeling near the end of urinating, signs of UTI?

Do I have a UTI? The last 3 nights I have been waking up at 3am having to go pee (normal stream). I then go back to bed but still feel the urge to pee and go back to the washroom 30 min to an hour after the first time (little amount of urine). If I go back to bed I still feel the need to pee. During the day I am completely fine. Also when I pee all is normal until near the end. I do not know how to describe this, but it feels like my bladder has two seperate areas, when the first emptys its fine, but the second little part of it feels weird like its droping when it is emptied. Probabley not the best way to describe it but I can not think of another. When it first started a noticed a pinkish tone on the toilet paper but since I am do for my period I thought it might have been that, now Im not so sure.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Your symptoms may be due to a urinary tract infection. Women are specifically more susceptible to it due to the short urethra and its proximity to the vagina. The typical symptoms of a UTI are burning on urination, increased frequency and urgency, foul smelling and cloudy urine sometimes accompanied with suprapubic pain. You may need to do a urine analysis to see for presence of infection. Some precautionary measures that you can take to avoid a UTI includes :  voiding just before and after sexual intercourse, wiping the genital area from front to back and not vice versa, daily ingestion of cranberry juice has been proved to have some  protective effect, avoid using vaginal douches, bubble baths as they case vaginal and urethral irritation, wearing loose cotton panties.  I hope this helps.

Questions related to Bladder Infections

Best med for urinary problem?

Going to see my primary dr later this week. what is the best med for weak stream and feeling of slow emptying of bla...

Discomfort feeling in the end of urinating.

I had sex two days ago with my partner and now i feel this weird sensation of pressure, its tingling, very uncomforta...

i think i have UTI,is it?

When i pass the urine small amount of white cloudy liquid appears after the urination,what is the problem?

Urinary, bladder overload, urine retention

I recently experienced an enlarged bladder due to urine retention caused by an enlarged prostate. I've been told that...

Is the radiation exposure from a CT scan safe?

I had a small amount (cells) of blood in my urine. My blood work was normal. My doctor has ordered a CT scan. Is ther...

urine frequency

hie doc, I am a lady aged 29, no child yet and not on any contraceptive, i have been having problems of passing urin...

Bladder Infection or more serious?

For the past 5 days I've been feeling pain while urinating and feeling as if I need to go a lot. I've started my per...

swollen peehole?

What kind of infection do I have?

bloody stool

So a couple days now when I go pee it burns so I took an at home UTI test and I tested positive just for the leukocyt...

What's causing my bladder control problems?

For about a year I've been struggling with re-occuring bladder infections and UTIS. For a while I was struggling with...

pain in right side along with nausea but no gal...

around 3 weeks i been having pain in my rite side its almost constont i was checked awhile back for gallbladder stone...

Urinary and bladder issues

I have had UTI like symptoms for the past two months such as burning after urination and urgency. My urine tested neg...

urine infection

I want to know what I can take

Painful urge to urinate post-ejaculation

Often after ejaculation (either through sex or masturbation), I have a painful urge to urinate. This will persist fo...

Blood in my urine

Two weekends ago I went out to watch one of the football play off games. Ill admit I had way too much to drink that...

UTI or damaged bladder?

I have a bit of blood in my urine. There is a bit of sharp pains after I urinate. I probably drink a lot of water an...

Blood in Urine

I have noticed bloody color in my urine.

What Could be the Cause of Blood in my Urine?

I am a 51 year old male in good health. I have experienced blood in my urine 3 times in the last 12 hours. There is ...

Burning and Irritation during urinating

Every time i drink water in little quantities, i feel a lot of irritation during urinating and once the burning sens...

Mild low grade fever since last month

I am suffering from fever since last whole month.Its between 99 and 100.I dont have any other problem like flu,cough...

Interstitial cystitis or kidney issues?

I have been having trouble with my bladder for years including close to 30 bladder infections. Some of which weren't...

Frequent urination in 23 year old Female

Am a 23 year old female and i feel like i have to pee every minute but when i go nothing really comes out and i feel...

Cyctoscopy and a Laparoscopy procedure to find ...

I have just had a Cyctoscopy and a Laparoscopy procedure to find out if i had Endometriosis. They didn't find any bu...

Possible kidney infection after a bladder infec...

I have recently had a bladder infection and was prescribed nitrofurination which helped however i got a fever felt t...

Two UTI's within a Month

A little over two weeks ago i had a uti and now i have another. It started 4 days ago. We are going on a trip and i ...

Post Your Thoughts