Question :

Diffuse Maculopapular skin rash

I am having maculo-papular rashes. too many. so itchy. i taught it was chicken pox but no vesicles seen. no fever plus i had chicken pox and herpes zooster before. its kinda diffused and started centrifugal. 5 days now and its getting more. now it has spread on my legs and arms. CBC normal. Im currently taking acyclovir. My allergologist prescribed me with antihistamines and multivitamin. It wont go away. what is this? what can i do with this?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I would advice you to see your family physician regarding this rash since it is spreading. The cause of the rash can range from a drug/ food allergy to  more serious systemic conditions. You may need a physical examination as well as more testing to determine the exact cause of the rash.

Questions related to Rash

Herpangina butt rash

My son (4) was just diagnosed with herpangina. Along with the sores in his mouth, he also has them all over his butt,...

8 week old baby with red bumps on stomach and legs

8 week old baby with red bumps on his chest and legs

My sons finger is swollen and idk why! Help!

My sons middle finger is swollen and hard and red and itchy and I have no idea what happened or if something bit him....

Can u tell me what u think this rash is keeps s...

My boyfriend had a rash on his leg and on back ,,I know have same rash really bad on right leg left leg and arm.....n...

Can an antihistamine CAUSE a rash? Is it a poss...

Can antihistamine's CAUSE a rash as a side effect? I took one last night (Hyroxyzine) to help me sleep and I woke up ...

I have an unexplained rash

I have been breaking out is a red raised rash all over my body on and off since October. It seems to come on all of a...

Rash with blisters on leg

I found a blister on my thigh three days ago, I popped it.... Now in that area I have two small blisters... I have ...

Bumps on upper chest is it cancer

I all of a sudden these red rash bumps on my upper chest I can send picture

weird skin thing?

red, dry skin between my breasts. it is usually a brownish color. can you tell me what it is?

Brown rashes on back which are very itchy

I have brown rashes on my back they are very itchy and are now spreading to my shoulders and stomach. what is this? i...

Rash will not go away- Nothing works!

Hi, I am asking on here as a last resort. I have had this awful rash since I the beginning of January. Assuming it w...

Itchy Rash All Over Body Unexplainable Condition

Itchy Rash All Over Body About 12 days ago I started getting a raised red rash on my stomach and upper leg/thigh a...

So itchy! Please help!

A cluster of small itchy, red bumps (some with a tiny black/brown dot in the center) first appeared on both sides of ...

Several doctors, visits, no solution, miserable

I'm asking this question here out of desperation. I have been to a doctor. I have a skin rash that appears between an...

Rash, small red smooth marks pelvis and penis

Not long after having unprotected sex I begain to devolp a rash that started as a small red mark on my pelvis which s...

Can a dog scratch give me rabies?

Hello good day! My 2 months old puppy scratches my finger with her teeth! It turns slightly red but doesn't have any ...

Circular red rash on back

I have a red ring 1 inch in diameter on my back. Its not raised. Want to know what it is. No symptoms

red bumpy rash on chest beside burn

I have a red bumpy rash on my chest beside a burn mark from the cherry of a cigarette that burned me (I know I need t...

Rash on skin accompanying other symptoms

I have had a rash on my legs, chest, arms and hands/feet for about a week now. My Mum took me to the walk-in-doctors ...

rash after hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy 41/2 weeks ago. Uterus, cervix, ovaries and tubes were removed. I have since developed a rash t...

Swollen lips won't go away

I got my tonsils out on the 29 of January and on the 5 of February I noticed my lips starting to swell. I went to the...

Rash between eyebrows and sideburns

Hi, I have a question - over the past month I have developed a slight rash/redness between my eyebrows and the hairli...

Papules around anus

I noticed about a month ago that I had developed this rash around my anus. The spots are completely pain-free and I o...

Red scaly rash

I have a red scaly rash. It started a month ago on my back and this week it's now on my stomach and thigh. It's raise...

raised itchy bumbs on feet in winter

I keep getting these raised itchy bumps. They look somewhat similar to a mosquito bite,but its winters and i have no...

Post Your Thoughts