Question :

Crying and sinus infections

Everytime I cry I get a sinus infection. I'm wondering what causes this and if it can be fixed. It's been this way as long as I can remember but I'm just tired of it.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
It is unlikely that crying could result in your sinus infection. Sinusitis is the inflammation of the nasal sinuses by viral, bacterial or fungal infection. There is collection of mucus and plugging of the sinus cavities. Treatment for sinusitis involves antibiotics, intranasal steroids, saline irrigation of the nose and decongestants. Saline nose drops and decongestants are available over-the-counter and are usually prescribed initailly with antibiotics and steriods reserved for more severe cases.

Questions related to Sinusitis

Strange, rubbery nasal discharge after blowing ...

I. Blew my nose earlier and it was totally normal. Clear and nothing abnormal but I felt like there was something stu...

Need advice on issues related to the Ears Nose ...

I went to 2 doctors with two different diaginosis. One said I had a viral infection and wanted me to take Predisone ...

Rhino sinusitisI-- smell something odd in my nose

I smell something odd in my nose. My nose is not blocked and my throat is fine. The smell comes and goes and I don't ...

Sinus/ear pain

For three years I have had hard painful congestion in my nose. Very crusty hard boogers, as fast as I clean out my no...

ear nose and throat!

I have this black stuff coming out of my post nasal drip. Its been happening for two or three years. Over this two or...

Ammonia Smell In Nose, When Bending Over , Sin...

11 Days ago I caught a virus from my husband. He was sick with fever, coughing congestion for about 8 days. I was d...

Full & dry nose when physical inactive

I couldn't find the topic about nose. My nose is full constantly. I have these problems for years. Nose is full and d...

Congested and sinus pain for over 2 weeks

I have been congested and had sinus pain for almost two weeks. My doctor recommended Mucinex D. I've only taken it fo...

Antibiotic for sinus infection started horrible...

My son is in the Army and has been fighting a sinus infection / upper respiratory infection on and off for almost 10 ...

Can tingling be cause by night time nasal conge...

I have tingling/numbness feelings in my lower limbs. I also have serious nasal congestion/post nasal drip and usually...

Should i have antiboitic medicines regularly du...

should i have antiboitic medicines regularly during sinus. what are the demerits of using antibiotics.

sinus prevention

I, satya 20 years old suffering from sinus . It is been often troubling me, and I have no interest in using the antib...

Pressure in Head and Ears, Feels like Sinuses

Can sinus symptoms last for two months, accompanied by tinnitus and pressure in the head?

Nausea From Sinuses

I'm a 23 year old male with no history of allergies or sinus problems. About a month ago I got really sick out of the...

Sinus infection maybe ?

I think i have a sinus infection my mom also thinks so but i been having sharp pains in my head and a lot of snot wh...

Sinusitis for the past 2 weeks - what other tre...

I have had severe sinus for the last two weeks and have tried several medications but none have helped can you sugge...

Does a sinus infection have an odour?

Some time ago I had an infection in my sinuses. I did take antibiotics until I ran out, but now every once in a whil...

Treatment of Acute sinusitis

I have never been to a doctor going tommoro but here are my symptoms i have a clogged nose,headackes,trouble hearing...

What is the cause of clear nasal discharge?

I am not sure if this has anythign to do with sinusitis but it was the closest category. When i lean my head certai...

Decongestant in addition to Augmentin for sinus...

I began yesterday taking Augmentin for a sinus infection. Is it useful to take concurrently an OTC nasal decongestan...

Repeat sinus infections - Should I be concerned?

I have had four sinus infections this year. I have been on amoxicillan 875 mg twice a day since 1-9-12 and i am stil...

Is persistent tiredness linked to Sinusitis?

Hi i am 20 years old and for a few weeks now have been feeling constantly tired and spaced out- in general not my us...

Headache during sneezing in right side of brain

Hey doc, recently i was exposed to cold but i'm fine.but there is always a headache in right side of my head during ...

Constant mucus development in nose

Every winter, i always have a snotty nose and mucus in my nose. every time i blow my nose more mucus just fills up. ...

Endoscopic sinus surgery for nasal polyps

What is the risks of surgery to have large polyps removed from my sinuses? Is this a pretty safe surgery? Is it mo...

Post Your Thoughts