Question :

Pigmnted lesion in labia minora

Dear Dr, i know that may be i am posting my question in the wrong forum but really i need your help.yesterday i was taking a shower then i discovered a brown mass pin head sized, rounded not painful,elevated from the skin surface in my lower third of my labia minora. shall you tell me what is the differential diagnosis of this mass?what shall i do? Thank you so much

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The differential diagnosis of vulvar lesions is large and it is impossible for me to comment on the lesion that you have. However, I would advise you to consult your doctor to rule out the presence of sexually transmitted infection.
Vulvar carcinoma is an uncommon gynecologic malignancy and may present as vulvar masses of irregular and polypoid shape. These lesions can be white, red, or pigmented. If the ulcer is suspicious for cancer, your health care provider may take a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

Questions related to Skin Cancer

Scars appearing without any injury

I got some small scars in face and fore hands that appeared recently. Also I had itching in knees and ankles. I visi...

Freckle on sole of foot

A couple months ago, I noticed a light freckle on the bottom of my foot. I have several other freckles on my feet, tw...

Confused on treatment options

What is the recomended treatment plan for a spitz nevus on a 13 year old? It is located on patient's chest. I have ...

Raised growths on skin

What does skin cancer look like and how is it treated

Spot On Back (Scar or Something Else?)

I scratched by back months ago and it healed, but the spot never went away. I have attached a picture of what the sp...

Hard circular growth on my thumb

Hello, this is very strange as it does not fit into the category of a mole, corn, wart or anything else i research. F...

discoloration of skin

The color of my skin started changing ( getting lighter) about 10 to 12 years ago every summer the spot gets a little...

Possible melanoma?

Could this beauty spot on my neck be a possible melanoma?

Does this sound like it could be skin cancer?

I've had this bruise on my left thigh for a couple of months now. It's pear-shaped, about one inch wide by about 1.5 ...

pain mole left breast

I have a pink mole under my left breast that has been causing pain for a week in a half. Pain has gotten worse, and c...

Patchy brown Spot on Finger?

Brown patchy spot on finger. Recently this has appeared on my finger it seems to have different shades of brown and ...

Could this be skin cancer?

I have a blackblue spot near my anus and one below my outer labia. No raised skin, no pain or itching and no discomf...

Vitiligo affecting white blood cell

Does having Vitiligo elevate your white blood cell count?

Suspicious Mole which is changing: What should ...

Hi my name is Jenna.. I am 20 years old.. I used to tan ALOT.. I know it was a bad idea.. I regret it.. But lately I...

Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

Hello Doctor: I am very worried about a growth on my face next to my ear. It appeared maybe a year ago and about 7 ...

Growth on Face Above Jaw Line

My boyfriend has a growth on his face please see picture, thank you

Adult with large hemangioma on right middle finger

I am a 22 year old male with a relatively large (about 1.5" in diameter) hamangioma on my right hand middle finger. ...

Blood tests before and after surgery

Dear sir/madam I recently underwent two procedures and for my check up on the first procedure they said the hematolo...

Squamous cell cancer

I have squamous cell carcinoma on my lower leg. It has been removed three times, frozen, scraped/burned and molhs su...

Crusty Spots on Skin

I am 57 year old female and have a few quarter inch, or smaller crusty spots on my legs and arms, the scaly bit can ...

Post Your Thoughts