Question :

Rash on vagina, thrush or something more serious?

Hi there, there was 2 red spots around the opening of my vagina about a week ago. They wernt sore at all but for a while I had very thick, sometimes stringy white discharge. The skin was sort of dry between my anus and vagina. I put moisturiser on it and it helped quite a bit. I got my period 2 days ago then yesterday I got a rash around the opening and anus. It isn't itchy but is a bit sore to touch, it's like ire you get around your mouth if you keep licking your lips. I'm not sure if it is thrush or something more serious. I'm quite scared to go to the doctor just incase, so I thought I'd try asking here first, please help ):

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There is a possibility that the itching could be caused by vaginal thrush. Usually the discharge seen in vaginal thrush is whitish in color and is accompanied by intense pruritus leading to redness and inflammation in  the area. You may need an antifungal medication like fluconazole which is available both as an ointment and an oral medication. If your symptoms do not resolve with this treatment, then you may need see your doctor/gynecologist. A swab test may be done to identify the organism. treatment will depend on the cause. I would advise you not to use any other creams, tampons or deodorants in the affected area.

Questions related to Skin Rash

Bumps that look as if a bug has bitten me

What can cause a female over 71 to break out in bumps under her breast bone and between her legs.

Cold accompanied by Rash on Chest/Back area

I got a common cold (stuffed nose, hacking cough, watery eyes etc) but I also have a rash consisting of lots of redis...

What is this kin abnormality?

Something strange happened this morning - I woke up and my arm looked like I burned it on a curling iron. I don't ha...

BUMPS ON THIGH/BUTT tiny pimple like bumps

"I have tiny pimple like bumps on my inner thigh and a little on my butt cheek. Only on one side. Im not sexuall...

Bumps, red ness on shaft of penis

So this just started about a month or so ago, but from top to bottom of the shaft of my penis is covered in bumps. Th...

Skin irritaion that seems to be contagious fro...

A friend of mine stayed at my house and had a itchy rash ,including on palms of hands. Now everyone in my family is g...

Itchy hands and feet when touching something cold

Every time I touch something cold my hand and sometimes my feet get really itchy, also I break out into a little rash...

Red Skin Irritation is spreading

My 19 year old daughter has a red spot on her arm that itches. It is hard and my swollen. Today she woke up and the r...

Cat Scratch 3 weeks later

Hi, About 3 weeks ago I was scratched by a outside cat. It was just 1 of its nails and it went straight into my skin ...

Strange smooth bump filled with white dots on 2...

My 2.5 year old son has had a strange blister-like bump filled with a cluster of white dots for about 3-4 weeks now. ...

Skin condition/ skin peeling off fingers

The top layer of my skin has been peeling off on my fingers. It's starting to feel like my skin on the fingers is mad...

Skin Reaction

I have a really bad reaction on my face and I think it may be from a conditioner I use. From my knowledge I am not al...

Police Officer

I was diagnosed with bullous pemphigoid and nummular dermatitis. I need to know how to stop the breakouts from reoccu...

Lip Discoloration

So...my lip had a spot that began peeling/flaking... I initially applied a topical corticosteriod--that didn't he...

penis skin rash

After repeated and rough sex with my girlfriend i developed a blood-like rash around my penis, not on the head but on...

Vitiligo?

My son is 3 years old and has white patches that have developed on the stomach and behind one knee. He had very bad ...

White bumps around shaft of penis

Small white bumps on upper scrotum, and lower shaft. Can tell if it's new hairs, or something else. 15, and I have sh...

Cold sores with Skin rash

1 month ago I experienced my first skin rash that was accompanied with cold sores. It went away after 4-5 days. IThe...

My husband face burns and then falls off! (Lol)

My husband is in the army and has a face condition. It is on one side of his face near his ear and down to his neck. ...

foot rash painful

my husband text this pic of his foot, he says it feels like his feet are fire . attached is pic. please advise.

Skin prickliheat

Hi, I having this small raised dots as shown in the picture on my hands, back, neck and seams to be spreading all ove...

Wound at inside skin of my penis

dear doctor, inside skin of my penis wounded by my nail.2-3 weeks ago, now little ok but not completely.have no big p...

Scabies - worried about mattress??

I am 99% sure I have scabies. I have been reading up on it and bought some cream. I am going to do the treatment toni...

Hand, foot and mouth catching disease

my 2 year old niece has hand foot and mouth although i haven't been in contact with her my inlaws have can i catch it...

I developed a prickly, itchy, hot, rash on han...

I developed a prickly, itchy, hot, rash on hands and face which has been getting worse over the week. I don't know ...

Post Your Thoughts