Cold, blocked nose, sore throat with eye discharge

Dear Ask The Doctor:  I have a blocked nose but feels like nothing is in my nose it hurts when i swallow my voice is crackly my right ear feels like im on a plane and it wont pop when i wake up my eyes are glued together by sleep and sleep builds up in my eyes during the day i feel sick sometimes what is wrong with me?

Dear Patient:  You do seem to be having a viral upper respiratory tract infection which will run its own course. For your  sore throat i would advice some soothing lozenges, saline/salt water gargling, hot fluids like soups etc which will help soothing the inflammation. If you are not coughing out yellowish phlegm, you can just increase fluid intake, take over-the-counter cough suppressants (Robitussin) and have more citrus fruits. In case the symptoms don't subside or get better in a week then please see your physician for a follow up.

Please login or signup to post comments!

Comments

SEARCH: