Question :

Fever and Large Tonsils

What is it if i have a slight fever, swollen tonsils and blisters on my tongue?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
A fever is generally a sign you may have an infection or your body is fighting an infection.  Additionally, you suggest your tonsils are swollen. Your tonsils are part of the bodies immune system and if they are large, it suggests the infection may be in the area surrounding your tonsils.
If things do not improve in 48 hours after a trial of rest, fluids and antipyretics, I suggest you see your family doctor.

Questions related to Cold and Flu

What make me sneeze so much

My nose has been running for some time now. but anytime i go to school in another region of the country, the cold is...

Cold and stomach flus

So my mother who is in her 70's had what we assumed was the stomach flu. However none of the other members that were ...

I have dry mouth both lower and upper jaw hurt ...

What does it mean when your jaws hurt and your ear and u have dry mouth and how do u get rid of it

Cold like symptoms/left ear popping

Hello For the past few months my nose has felt clogged, like i have a cold/allergy. Also my left ear is popping al...

i dont know what to do please help me

i havea very swollen tonsil and it brings a crying pain and i keep coughing up yellowish orange mucus and i cannot ...

coughing up mucus that leads to throwing up

Every morning my husband wakes up he eats breakfast then he start coughing and spitting up mucus then when he go's to...

fever feeling

About three months ago I felt like I had a fever but my temperature was normal. I had the chills, body aches, felt we...

Flu symptoms, fever, swollen gums

Hello! I have flu like symptoms: bad body aches, headache, feel very hot, I have a 101.6 fever, swollen gums, and a...

Are sauna or steam room bad if I have a fever?

Is it a bad idea to go to the sauna or steam room if I have a fever?

Lost voice to a severe cough, tremors

My symptom started out about 6 days ago as if I was losing my voice but has now steadily developed into more of a per...

Severe Congestion! Cannot breathe.

How can I cure this consistent severe sinus congestion?

Should I see a doctor because of my swollen thr...

Should I go get a doctor to check my swollen feeling throat? Or am I okay just leaving it be.

Do I treat at home or go to a doctor?

I have an achy body , Chills, i can't seem to get warm from , i have continuous sinus drainage but zero fever. is th...

Coughs and colds

Coughing up green phlem what does that mean?

Not sure if cold related. Long Term Cough, Tig...

For about 10 weeks I've felt like I had a cold. Slight cough, runny nose, but no blocked sinuses or headache. About ...

Problem With Nasal Discharge in Children

I am a teacher in a Montessori Toddler classroom. We have seen a lot of sicknesses this year from normal common cold...

How long will I be contagious from a sore throat?

I had a sore throat and burning chestfor a week. I was also dizzy and weak. I took all the precautions I knew. I cou...

Exceeded dosage limit of Doru-Tuss and Dimetapp?

I gave my 2 year old son 3ml of durotuss and approx 3 hours later gave him 2.5ml of dimetapp - will he be OK as the ...

Cough and Cold or Symptoms of Asthma?

I have been fighting these symptoms cough, runny nose, sneezing, headache, chest hurting, and nausea from the coughi...

When to see a Doctor for Cold or Bronchitis?

I have had what I think is a cold for over three weeks now. Stuffed Nose, Fever that comes and goes, a bit of dizzin...

Swelling in front of right ear

My son has a lump in front of his right ear and swelling on the right side of his head and redness in is right eye. ...

OTC medications for colds causing insomnia

When my husband takes otc cold medications he can't sleep at night. Are their certain ingredients he shoud avoid?

Pea size lump under chin

I have had a small pea size lump dead center under my chin for 3 days it's sore t the touch..I have had a bad cold an...

Does common cold drop body temperature?

Is it normal for the body temperature to drop when you have a cold? My temp has currently dropped down to 96.2

Cold and flu and nose bleeds

Dear doc when i blow my nose i see small amount of blood with mucus from my nose and i sufer to cold or flu with 3 w...

Post Your Thoughts