Bloody mucus and sore throat

Dear Ask The Doctor:  What does blood in my muscu mean? I also have a sore throat

Dear Patient:  Blood in mucus refers to the presence of blood in the phlegm that is produced in conditions like sore throat, coughing, cold or allergies. Since you have a sore throat, the blood may be due to the irritation of the throat due to the infection of the throat, and is usually very little and occasional, that stops on its own. If it comes in large amounts you should immediately visit the emergency for a prompt treatment.

Blood in mucus refers to the presence of blood in the phlegm that is produced in conditions like sore throat, coughing, cold or allergies. Since you have a sore throat, the blood may be due to the irritation of the throat due to the infection of the throat, and is usually very little and occasional, that stops on its own. If it comes in large amounts you should immediately visit the emergency for a prompt treatment.

Please login or signup to post comments!

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for