Question :

What does severe pain in the upper abdomen mean?

What does it mean if i have severe pain in my upper abdomen? its been like 3 days and it keeps getting worse as the days go by, i cant barely eat anything as well.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Severe upper abdominal pain in someone your age could be caused by several conditions. These include gall stones, a stomach ulcer, acute pancreatitis, hepatitis and acid reflux disease.  Since you have been having this pain for three days I strongly suggest seeing a doctor.

Questions related to Stomach Flu

major stomach pains

I am not sure if this is the stomach flu! I just got my period 2 days ago! I have lost a lot of weight! I was 100 pou...

stomach pain

I have been off birth control for well over a year and still only having my period one every few months.. but I have ...

Concerned with over active imagination need cal...

i've recently over the past few days have not been feeling well. over the weekend i had a lunchable for dinner. it wa...

Entamoeba histolytica cyst=1-2/hpf in fecalysis...

What do 3-4/hpf pus cells, 2-4/hpf red blood cells, +3 bacteria and entamoeba histolytica cyst=1-2/hpf in my fecalysi...

severe stomach ache after I work out even a bit

Its been many days that I get a sever stomach ache after I work out even a bit. I obeserved if its periods , but it...

can you drink alcohol while on prednisone

can you drink alcohol while being on prednisone

Nausea weeks after flu?

I tested positive for the stomach flu on Feb 19. On Feb. 27, I was diagnosed with an ear infection and a sinus infect...

Stomach virus lasting five days and unusual sym...

Hello there, For the past four days I have had severe diarrhea, moderate stomach pains, and naseau. I have almost n...

Pain in stomach and back

hi doc: yesterday i was walking with my friends suddenly a pain started in my buttocks which than moved to stomach ...

Upper G.I Endoscopy

I made upper G.I Endoscopy before two days and the report said Oesophagus : Lax Les Stomach : Diffuse erythema ...

Stomach Disorder

What kind of disease is having a disorder about stomach?? I have a friend who has a hole in his stomach and I dont kn...

What is the Cause of Excessive Belching?

I have been Belching for a long time.. what is the cause?

Recurring Stomach Virus

My family has been getting the stomach virus over and over again for the past 2 and a half months. My two sons, ages...

Stomach pains and vomiting

I have uncomfortable stomach pains like around my belly button,i was throwing up,and i feel really weak. please help...

Vomiting and diarrhea in elderly hypertensive

My mother who is 69years old vomitted a few times this morning and diaherra once. Nothing she eats stay in. She is a...

Vomiting, loose stool and abdominal pain in a c...

My 2 year old daughter has been throwing up and having diahrea every time she eats anything for a week now. if she j...

What should i do - severe pain abdomen

I keep getting horrible stomach pains and horrible pains on either side of my stomach where my appendix are and keep...

Vomiting Everytime I Take Fluids

I was vomiting brown stuff;, but then it became clear. But now I throw up after I drink any liquid. What can I dri...

Stomach pain - possibility of stomach flu?

My wife is in a lot of pain her abdominal area and also has a bad headache and also feels like throwing up. What cou...

My Three Year old always sick after eating

My daughter is 3 years old and doesn't really have an appetite. (EVER) Recently shes has started eating but every ti...

Pain abdomen and loose stools

Hey doctor. I have a boyfriend who has a not usual stomachache. His stomach always hurts and he always wants to go t...

Why do i get dizzy and fall.. and i am sick

Hi i am mariana i am only 12 and when i get up and things i get dizzy and i fall like 2 days ao i went to go do my h...

Stomach bug? What is the next step?

I'm a little bit poorly with the following symptoms. No appetite for the past 36 hours. Fell sick if I do try and ...

Stomach pain for a week, Could it be due to int...

I have been having stomach pain for about a week now. The pain sometimes comes and goes and sometimes is constant. I...

Pain abdomen with tight abdominal muscles.

I've been having stomach pain all morning, and I have had a couple of BMs today so I'm not constipated. The weirdest...

Post Your Thoughts