Question :

Diabetes and blood sugar levels

Do people with type 2 diabetes consistently have elevated blood sugar levels after taking a blood test and 2-hour glucose tolerance test?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Diabetes Mellitus type 2 is characterised by significantly elavated blood glucose either Fasting or random blood glucose and after a 2 hour glucose tolerance test. Unless you are given medication or insulin for the same or undertake lifestyle modifications these levels will remain consistently high and this is potentially dangerous and not advised. If you do have an elavated blood sugar level and have been diagnosed you should consult your family physician for further medication. Also if you are already on medication for DM and still have high levels of blood glucose it is an indication of poorly controlled diabetes and your medication may either need to be increased or changed. All the best.

Questions related to Diabetes

Ringing of the ear for about 1week

Ringing in ear my left ear please help

Help me find answears

Is it normal if body itches all over when your a diabetic, and water gain in feet

Swollen tissue in diabetic patient

I am a diabetic and I would like to know if I should be concerned because my left foot and ankle have suddenly become...

Stop the shakes ,are my sugars causing me to do...

When your sugars go down between 55 and 70 can that cause extream shaking ?

Is it possible for someone with diabetes to be ...

Is diabetes curable? I was wondering if someone has it, does it mean they have it for life?

Asking about a1c levels for diabetics.

Is 12.3 high for a1c test?thats what mine is.

Sugar Problems

Hi doctor, i dont know i i had doabetes but i had some problems after eating sugars lately and i stope eating complet...

shakin to death

do I have diabetes??

curious

how do i lower my A1c

Diabetes Medicine?

I was diagnosed 7 months ago with type 2 diabetes, by my VA Nurse Practitioner, I was not told any more as to what wa...

Finger disorder problem

Hello Diabetic patient finger is disorder problem facing.Doctor answered this is majja lose problem not treatment av...

Medication dosage

The first glipizide pill I ever took caused a severe reaction, so I cut it one in half and used it that way for 2 day...

Diabetes and Food Allergies

Why I am getting occasional food allergies after being diagnosed with diabetes . Is there any relation between the two ?

Diabeties and Fever

My grandfather is in his 60s, a diabetic, and currently suffering a fever and a cough and cold. Could he drink milk d...

Ketones in urine

Hello, I recently went to my doctor because I was concerned about my blood sugar. I had been to a clinic a week prio...

Urgent help for diabetes patient

Blood Sugar level is very hi 386, patient has just recovered from a brain injury , is having seizures

What do these symptom's mean

What's wrong with me These past two weeks have been horrible. I have symptoms of deadly diseases and my dad won't ...

father problem of diabetes

My father is a20 year old diabetes patient his current age is 49.his diabetes is getting high after taking lantus inj...

diabetes in toddlers

what is a normal blood sugar level for a 3 year old?

Brown spots

I have a light brown patch of skin under both arm pits my doctor said to get blood work done for diabetes I am not ov...

Diabetes worry

I think I'm diabetic, it runs in the family and I have many symptoms. I'm tired all the time, have thrush regular, an...

diabetic nerve damage in the foot

I have type 2 diabetes and also have nerve damage to feet due to it. My big toe is turning black, why and what can i...

Diabetic Labwork

I am a recently diagnosed diabetic, for 2 wks. Last wk I had my first fasting blood panel (fasted 10 hrs) and urine ...

Glucose level at 140

I ate about 2 1/2 hours ago and by glucose level was 140. Is that normal/okay? Should I be tested for pre diabetes?

No diabetes medications

"Hi , my friend has diabetes and has been feeling low with it she has also been feeling dizzy because of it, she...

Post Your Thoughts