Question :

Pain on the Right Side of My Throat, Discomfort Swallowing.

I have pain when i press on the right side of my throat, and have discomfort swollowing on the right. What could it be? Because i'm concerned it could be throat cancer, as i'm a smoker and drink.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You mentioned that you have a history of smoking and drinking, these may rarely cause cancer in the throat (more commonly lung and liver are the organs affected by smoking and drinking).  The more likely cause for your throat symptoms may be due to various other reasons like tonsil inflammation, throat infection and congestion or swelling of the lymph nodes in that region, and you will need to see your family doctor for clinical examination to diagnose the condition and treat accordingly.

Questions related to Throat Cancer

mass in right side of neck with many other symp...

I have a mass in right side of neck its not as swollen as it was its been about 3 months now when I got checked the d...

Damage to throat from getting punched

my son got punched in the throat & it is obviously sore as at the time he lost his voice.he is now able to speak ...

Throat irritations and hoarseness of voice

I have had hoarseness f for over a year now. sometimes my chest feels heavy making it harder to breathe. I have a ...

Swelling just above the tonsils, is it a tumor?

I had a "thing" above my right tonsil. The doctor could not figure out what it is. Over night it has went away. It l...

Throat pain and swelling in the throat

My name is Ahmad my Question is that before on 4 jan 2012 i started pain on my right side of the neck n it was real...

Could this be throat cancer?

My throat has been hoarse for about three months and I have very little appetite. I have been a heavy smoker and dri...

Could it be cancer ?

Hi i am a 26 yrs old male and am a heavy smoker. i smoke nearly 50 to 60 cigarettes in a day since nearly 7 yrs. i...

Throat pain when I wake up in the morning

When i wake up in the morning or sometimes during the night i have a very bad pain in my throat especially when i ta...

Throat hurts, is it related to smoking??

Ive been smoking for three years and recently these past 2 weeks there has been somthing wrong with my throat ... it...

Feeling of pain and poking sensation in the throat

Its been 4 days now and it feels like its going away but first every time i turned my neck it felt like something wa...

Feeling of food stuck in my throat: Causes?

I constantly have a feeling of something being stuck in my throat. especially after i have eaten something. like i...

32 year old smoker having trouble to swallow

My name is Sandi, I'm 32 years old and a smoker. For the last few months I have been having this sensation in my thr...

Am I at risk for throat cancer because of thyri...

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in April of this year. I found out that there is a long history of thyroid canc...

Excess sputum production

I am 26 and Ive been experiencing a peculiar situation with my throat for more than 5 years. Ive been put on strong...

Concerned About Thraot cancer

I am 24 years old and I been having pain in my left glad thorat I went to the doctor he took a swab to check if its ...

Post Your Thoughts